𝟑𝟑 - The Crown's Tipping Point

♑︎ Corvina ♑︎
"Who knew that my sister can be quite the actress." I caught a glimpse of Leonidas theatrical bow as I casually walked past him to prepare for the next part of the plan. "Have you gathered the Vox members who's loyal to me?" Glancing over my shoulder, catching a glimpse of him playfully twirling the baton I had tossed onto the bed in a moment of frustration, which I staged for Nyx. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his immature and absurd behavior. Undressing from my uniform from behind a changing curtain located beside my bed. "Leo, answer my question."

"Ugh." He huffs out. "Yes, I have completed the task you requested and all of them are now waiting for your orders. You seriously need to have more faith in me."

"I would if you ever prove to me I can." Stepping out from behind the changing curtain. Tightening the straps, admiring my body in the mirror next to the changing curtain. My legs are beautifully accentuated by the black skin-tight pants as well as the black corset that embraces the upper portion of my body. "Cease your foolish behavior and place my baton on the bed. Proceed in giving the signal, then meet in the throne room with Lucian. Also, refrain from causing any harm to him, which extends to feeding from him as well." Naturally, he did not react favorably to that demand. "Now, Leo." With a stern expression on my face, I grabbed my baton, conveying to him how serious I was.

"Fine." He hisses, leaving me alone to do what I instructed him to do.

Shaking my head at the mannerisms he expressed. "Brothers." Peeking one last time in the mirror. "It's time for the king to hand over the crown, rather he likes to or not." Smirking with devilish intentions.

♎︎ Lucian ♎︎
I was utterly helpless and frightened on witnessing his teeth changing along with his eyes, and to which I decided to keep some distance, contemplating what to do with the realization that my closest friend is a werewolf. I understand that Astor felt offended, but isn't it understandable that I wanted to ensure my safety? Since capturing and slaughtering the Rixa pack, he has become mentally unstable. It's clear now, and I have failed to realize it before.

"I see, you're scared of me now, huh?" As he paces, Astor tenses his body and clenches his jaw, letting out occasional grunts of irritation. "I'm not going to hurt you!" Flinching as he strikes the wall with the side of his fist. I was about to reply; however, my door suddenly burst open. To my astonishment, it surprised even Astor when we saw Leonidas appears in the doorway.

Astor departed swiftly, leaving Leonidas and me standing there, all bewildered by his actions. "Strange, he smells just like-." Leonidas started talking, and I interrupted him, curious about why he had barged into my room the way he had. "Why are you even here, Leo? And more so, why bust into my room without announcing yourself?" I am getting irritated as his attention is solely fixated on Astor for some odd reason, and how I know that is because he's poking his head out into the corridor. "Leo, I'm speaking to you and need to answer my questions." Clearing my throat harshly, relieved to get the desired response.

With a self-satisfied expression on his face, he declares plainly. "I've been ordered to come get you."

Frowns at the answer and his rude behavior. "Order by whom?" Leonidas only stood proudly as a fang peeks from behind his upper lip.

♐︎ Sylvaine ♐︎
I winced while trying to put on the loose shirt that Paxson had provided me with, as it was meant to prevent me from sneaking around the palace naked. "Here, let me help." With care, Paxson guides my arms through the sleeves before pulling the shirt down my torso. Snarling softly as I allow him to help. "Sorry." He quickly apologized.

As I leaned toward his face, a puzzled expression crossed his features as he stared back. "W-what are you-." I halted his question by kissing him on the lips. His body initially became stiff, but he eventually loosened up and returned with one of his own. I didn't let the kiss last long as I withdrew, causing my breath to gently touch his slightly open mouth. "You apologize way too much." Kissing his cheek this time. His face was now bright red, but I held my tongue so as not to make him any more embarrassed.

He clears his throat. "L-let's get out of here." Snapping himself back to reality as my hand clasped his. Feeling a slight wobble in my balance when standing on my feet. However, his arm enveloping my waist helped to stabilize me. Leading the way, Paxson guided us out of my cell and down the narrow, lengthy corridor to the main staircase of the dungeon.

♓︎ 𝐏𝐚𝐱𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♓︎
As I peered outside the dungeon's door, I was so shocked by what I noticed that I almost fell. Thanks to Sylvaine, I was able to stay on my feet. "What is it?" She pushes past, so she could peek out into the main hall. Soon after, she lets out a gasp of horror.

What got us both stunned was the sight of dead guards and servants scattered down the main hallway. "What the -." Just as Sylvaine was about to speak, I quickly placed my hand over her mouth upon hearing the sound of approaching boots. She gave me a scowl, but I redirected her attention to the end of the hall. Just at that precise moment, two black-clad women strode by the hallway where we were currently held up in.

Removing my hand and hurried away from the direction the women went, trying not to make any sound. As I glanced back at Sylvaine, I noticed from her facial expression that she was quite disturbed. Gently taking hold of her hand. "I assure you that everything will be fine. Even if it means risking to lay down my life to prevent you from ever having to go through what you did. I swear you will not ever experience it again." Her bright-green eyes, which I have grown to love and get lost in whenever I gaze into them, are filled with wonder as she stares in awe.

♈︎ Astor ♈︎
As I feel my rage building up inside, it is clear that my anger is directed towards this, Sylvaine, who I recently discovered from a guard's mouth, is the sole responsible for ruining my life. Now, one of my closest friends, Lucian, is also aware of this horrible secret and is the owner of this, werewolf. If I am condemned for being what I am at now. I will meet my demise on my own terms, in addition to seeking retaliation for it being done to me.

Upon reaching the palace section housing the dungeon, I found several women fashioned in the same attire as Corvina were all standing guard or conversing with one another. However, I observed more than just that. The marble hallways were littered with various corpses of guards and even some servants, which were mixed in with the slaughtered as well.

"What do you mean the werewolf has escaped!?" My attention is abruptly pulled back to them by one of the women's exclamations. "Well, go find it instead of standing there like complete idiots!" She seethes through her gritted teeth. With the rapid turn on my heels. I swiftly depart from the vicinity, overwhelmed by the flood of thoughts triggered by eavesdropping on that shocking conversation.

"You are mistaken if you believe that you can escape from this hell-hole... from me." The hunger I felt made my body alter slightly, urging me to find and strike her down. My nails transforming into sharp protruding claws, and my teeth causing me pain as they shift to resemble those of a wolf. "I will exact my revenge."

♑︎ Corvina ♑︎
The exquisite corridor's marbled walls and floors, are adorned with the pleasant metallic scent of the blood that covers them. The same corridors which were once traversed by many guards and servants who were the primary source of the blood. As I appreciate the serene surroundings of corpses, some of the women from Vox, who remained faithful to me, approached with a respectful bow of their heads.

"Report." My voice conveyed dominance and control over them, as I acknowledg their presence. One out of the four stepped forward. She responded in a firm manner, but also with respect. "The entire palace is under the Vox authority and the king is waiting in his chambers." Although I sensed a smile forming, I maintained a serious demeanor. "But there are also complications in executing the plan." She takes a glance towards the other three members, and observes that they have all lowered their heads to look at the ground.

Briefly looked at them before returning my attention to her. "And what complications would that be, exactly?" My anger starts to simmer, as I approach her, waiting for a response to my question.

"The two individuals you ordered us to retrieve, Sylvaine, the werewolf, and Paxson, the guard, are nowhere to be found despite our thorough search of the palace grounds." She speaks nervously to some extent. Hums in response to the information right before back handing her across the face. She stumbles back a bit, holding the side of her cheek. "Forgive us, Miss Corvina. We will again go search the palace grounds." The four swiftly left my sight, forcing me to contemplate my next steps for my strategy to succeed.