𝟏𝟓 - To Prove You Wrong

♋︎ Calix ♋︎
"Man, even while she's sleeping, she looks pissed off." Soft chuckles fills the quiet room I'm currently resting in. Seated right beside a recovery bed located in a separate room above the shop, patiently waiting for the effects of the drugs to wear off. As the first rays of sun peeked over the treetops, my bleary eyes struggles to adjust to the light. Despite my best efforts, I let out a deep yawn along with rubbing my sleep-deprived eyes, but my attempts to wake up were interrupted by a gentle knock at the door.

Looking up and over my shoulder, quickly realizing it's Velia standing in the doorway and holding two cups in her hands. Her steps were so light and graceful that the floorboards barely made a sound as she enters the room, making her way over to the bed I'm sitting next too. "Hey, I made coffee and was wondering if you would like a cup."She sets a cup down on the nightstand that's beside the bed. "Still no change with her?" Her attention veers over to the woman now.

Expressing out another loud yawn before saying anything. "Nope, still fast asleep. Dang, what did you even give her? I could use some of that." Picking up the cup of coffee, blowing gingerly to help cool it down before taking steady sips.

Watches as Velia smoothly pulls out a chair and taking a seat beside me. "The drugs wore off hours ago. I'm guessing she must be severely exhausted from whatever she's running away from." She takes a sip from her cup, the room fell into a momentary silence before she continues on speaking. "Were you up all night attending to her?" Humming in reply to her question, when gulping a decent portion of the coffee, feeling its warmth and richness spreading throughout my body. The aroma of the coffee entering my nostrils and the room, feeling a lot more energized and alert than before. "I'll take that as a yes, then." She sets down her coffee on the nightstand. "Why are you so keen on putting your sufficient time and concern into her? She threatened and attempted to kill us both. Doubtless, she'll still try the minute she awakens."

Maintaining a conscious effort to control my frustration with her illogical question and viewpoint. In a calm and respectful voice, I express my thoughts and beliefs without any hesitation or reservation. "Because she has no one. You see a monster, a savage, but for me, I see someone who's hurting and furious, but above all else, I see someone who's petrified." Leaning in with a gentle gesture, delicately clasping the woman's hand, a soft smile forming when observing her sleeping form. "I want to prove both of you wrong. For her, that's proving that there are people who aren't out to hurt her or her kind, and for you." Pausing to shift my focus back to Velia. "That's proving not all werewolves are killers that need to be put down or caged up."

"Good luck with that." Her disbelief could easily be picked up on as she scoffs, observing her standing and leaving out of the room. The weight of her departure settles on me, letting out a sorrowful sigh, fully aware that the obstacles ahead will require an abundance of luck to overcome.

♉︎ Teva ♉︎
Inhaling deeply, allowing the air to fill my lungs, a symphony of delectable aromas dancing around me, skillfully seducing my animalistic senses. It was none other than the alluring and earthy scent of venison, as it teases me with its irresistible essence. With a sudden jolt, my eyes snaps open, only to be met with the infuriating sight of that annoying male elf, his face adorned with the same equally annoying grin from when we first met. He places a tray on the nightstand right beside me, his movements filled with an annoyingly chipper energy that grated on my nerves.

His voice matching his demeanor, dripping with an enthusiasm that makes my skin crawl. "I prepared some food for you. I'm assuming you must be starving by now, considering you've been sleeping for a solid twenty-four hours straight. Sooo, how are you feeling today? And is your arm giving you any trouble? Any throbbing or burning sensations?" Clenching my jaw, trying to maintain my composure, but the more I hear him speak the more my irritation intensifies.