𝟏𝟗 - Four Is A Crowd

♊︎ Greyson ♊︎
We finally reached the vibrant town square nestled within the heart of Silva, my footsteps growing increasingly sluggish, reluctant to carry me any further. "Finally... We. Made. It." Collapsing onto the ground, panting for air, my breaths shallow and labored, all while feeling the pounding in my chest. "Did you... r-r-really have t-to... make me... r-run... all this w-way?" Beads of sweat glistened on my forehead, hastily wiping it away, feeling the warmth of the noonday sun beating down upon me. Its radiant rays shining on the rooftops, indicating that time is now midday. The streets crowded with a vibrant assembly of elvish people, their ethereal presence and graceful movements captivating the bustling town.

"Get off the damn ground." The vampire sneers, tinged with a hint of annoyance. Her cold, piercing gaze and twisted curl of her upper lip hinting at a deeper irritation beneath the surface. "Some people are staring." Watches as she gracefully dismounts from her horse, securing the reins to a sturdy pole amidst a cluster of other horses. Taking a quick scan of the bustling square, my eyes catching a few elves, their curious gazes lingering on us as they pass by. A mischievous smirk dancing upon my lips as a fleeting thought crosses my mind, but suddenly, her voice jolts me back to reality. "Whatever you're thinking of doing, stop it." A strangled gasp chokes out from my lips as the collar digs into my throat, the rough yank pulling me upward, tearing me away from the ground. My vision blurring for a moment, the world spinning while struggling to find my footing. "Now get it moving, so we could eat and get out quickly. The sooner we find her, the better, so I can finally get rid of your annoying ass."

Wincing, gingerly reaching up to rub my now sore throat, my fingers tenderly grazing the raw skin. "And I thought being around Orenda was bad, but damn, I think you take it to a whole another level."

"Oh, quit whining." She retorts sharply. "And stop rubbing your throat. I didn't even yank it that hard." Keeping up with her swift stride, trying to match her determined pace as we make our way over to a nearby tavern. Her steps were purposeful, each one a testament to her confidence.

Stepping inside the establishment, the air being filled with the familiar ambience of a traditional tavern. The lively chatter and enticing aromas overwhelms my senses. The place itself wasn't really in a state of chaotic frenzy, the tavern hums with a steady stream of activity, keeping the hardworking staff fully engaged as they expertly navigate the demands of the people. The vampire stealthily makes her way through the tavern, managing to slip past a small group of patrons and finding solace in an unoccupied booth towards the back.

Settling in, we choose a spot adjacent to a booth occupied by three elves. However, as we take our seats, one of the elves shifts their gaze to us. In that moment, everything else seems to fade away, the noise of the tavern silencing by the intensity of her gaze. Her meticulously styled silvery ponytail flowing down her back. Our eyes connecting, a surge of electricity rushing through me, igniting a fire within my chest. Her light pink eyes seem to withhold cold, and yet mystery to them, urging me to explore the depths of her soul. Drawing me in with their enchanting allure.

A rush of warmth spreads throughout my body. The blush rising in my cheeks was undeniable, a telltale sign of the effect she had on me. Biting my lower lip, attempting to contain the wave of emotions that threatens to overwhelm me. Peering away involuntarily from her, not out of disinterest, but rather as a feeble attempt to regain composure. "What the hell is wrong with your face? And the thumping of your heart is giving me a headache." The vampire grumble out as she seats herself down at the booth. Rolling my eyes in response while taking my seat opposite her. "Sorry, not sorry for having feelings...unlike you." Mumbling the last part, but quickly realizing that my words did not go unheard. "OW!" Yelps in pain as a sharp, searing sensation shoots through my shin. Instinctively starts rubbing the sore area, desperately trying to alleviate the throbbing ache caused by the forceful impact of her boot.