𝟑𝟓 - Long Live The K̶i̶n̶g̶ QUEEN

♐︎ Sylvaine ♐︎
Coming to a halt and breathing heavily, having been pursued by the same women who took control of this place. Fortunately, Paxson and I were successful in evading them on the northern grounds of the palace, which are located closest to the vast gardens, separated by two enormous wooden doors. With shallow breaths, Paxson spoke up. "Just past these doors is the way to freedom." With a look of relief on his face, he smiles at me. Relief that we both could finally put this nightmare behind us. I smile back at him and hold his hand, to which he responds with a squeeze.

As he extends his hand toward the door handle, we are startled by the sound of metal grinding against stone. The chilling sound sends shivers down my spine, which caused it to resonate loudly in my ears as well. For a split second, we made eye contact while simultaneously turning our heads to see where that awful noise was coming from.

I took a step back after witnessing something that triggered horrible memories of that dreadful day. The day when my pack was consumed by the ravishing hatred of the human race. It causes me both pain and disgust to think that I was once among their number.

"Captain Astor?" Paxson calls out, but the tone of his voice gave off how truly terrified he was of this bastard. The very person who caused all my misery and hell.

♓︎ 𝐏𝐚𝐱𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♓︎
Feeling my heart beating hard against my chest as Astor closes in the gap. His sword is drawn out and the tip of it dragging against the stone floor, which is the source of that awful noise that rang in my ears. I couldn't imagine was it was like for Sylvaine though.

In a snarling manner, Astor spoke. "Finally found the bitch who ruined my life!" He raises his sword at her. Sylvaine responds with the same level of fury that he had displayed."How the hell did I ruin your life? You're the one who ruined mine!" Claws now coming out as she steps in front of me. I intervened and used my sword to block Astor's attack while positioning myself between Sylvaine and him, surprising Sylvaine with my protective gesture. "Paxson, this isn't your fight."

Grinding my teeth, struggling to keep him back as I held my ground. "I know, but I promised you I would gladly give up my life, so you finally have the freedom you deserve. N-now, go. I got this." With such ferocity, I pushed Astor back, causing him to lose his balance and stagger backward, thus enabling me to cut into the left side of his torso. In which he lets out a resounding growl that came off as inhuman.

Flinched upon hearing Sylvaine emit a gentle chuckle from behind me, and I looked back to see her shaking her head. "I see why you said I've ruined your life." She smirks. "Because you're, like me, a werewolf." She boldly takes it to the next level beyond that. "Could you imagine what would happen to you if Corvina finds out?" She inhales deeply before proceeding with her taunts. "Once a former captain of the guard to a mere slave."

♈︎ Astor ♈︎
"AAAAAAAAAAH!" Charged towards her with the intention of witnessing her head detached from her shoulders and rolling in front of my eyes, yet Paxson intervened and blocked my strike once again. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Swinging lower to cut his leg, but he evaded it by swiftly sidestepping to the right. Panting heavily, sensing my body yearning to transform into a wolf, yet I resisted the temptation. I did not want to turn into that repulsive creature I so detested with such animosity.

"Syl, could you not agitate him, please." Paxson whines.

She then snaps at him. "Seriously, taking his side!?"

"No, no, I swear I'm not, but I rather focus on us escaping instead of having a fight break out between you two." He responds with a calm demeanor. "We need to go before more show up." He reaches for her hand, which she glances down at. "Please, this isn't the time."