𝟑𝟕 - Feral

♋︎ Calix ♋︎
The second I noticed Velia approaching, I felt my muscles tighten, anticipating either a slap to the face or a lengthy scolding about my choice to deceive her and run off with Teva. However, to my surprise, she didn't do either of those things; instead, she enveloped me in a tremendous hug. I felt awkward standing there as I reciprocated her embrace. "Um, sorry about-."

"Just shush." She mumbles, all while continuing to hold me close to her thin frame. Glancing at Azara, who stood nervously to the side with a troubled expression, and then abruptly turning her focus elsewhere. Our hug was interrupted by a woman's cough, which felt like it lasted a long time, but was likely only a minute. She was wearing a peculiar black leather suit. I looked at her anxiously as her intense, unwavering gaze made my heart race. Her firm expression was so penetrating, I half expected her to be able to get in my head and read my thoughts if she continued to stare.

Even her tone of voice was in sync with her behavior when she voiced her thoughts. "Let me guess, this is the elf that stole your bounty?" The first glance is directed towards Azara, who acknowledges the question with a nod before returning her sights to me. "I'm Shivani and you must be Calix, and now that we got the pleasantries out of the way. I'm going to have to say this. You're either very stupid or brave, probably both, for doing what you've done." Voicing her opinion without hesitation. Soon after that statement, a low chuckle from a man standing directly behind her could be heard. However, she paid him no heed when approaching, stepping even closer as Velia released me from her embrace.

Somewhat offended by her words, but decided to play nice because she was correct in my choice of action in putting myself in situations and dangers I had no business being in. "I understand you being upset at what I did, but I will not apologize for it. Speaking of, I'm guessing you're the woman Teva has been so determined to... to-."

"To kill? That is correct." She takes a swift glance behind her along with myself doing the same, noticing Teva giving a fierce look along with revealing her teeth and snapping them, struggling to free herself from the tree roots that were oddly set on by Velia and her reason for doing so is unknown to me.

"Why, why did you do it, Calix, and how are you still here?" Velia finally found her words. "Teva said she killed and ate you." She snaps a hatred sneer and glare her way, to which Teva responds with a snicker of amusement. Gawking in utter shock, why would she say such a thing? Velia then explains her reasoning for using her magic on her and on the other guy, who is now standing on his feet, freeing himself from the root that was seconds ago wrapped around his neck. Whom I'm assuming is the other werewolf that Azara mentioned earlier.

After Velia's explained her story of what happened before Azara or I could arrive at the scene, I can only stand there pondering why Teva would say such a thing. I thought we were friends and finally seeing the good in people. Honestly hoped in some small way or another I was making quite an impact on her life, but now I'm wondering if she was just playing with my emotions and taking advantage of my kindness to only use it against me in the end.

♉︎ Teva ♉︎
"He's just like everybody else." Raz cackles maliciously. "See, he stabbed you in the back, just like she did." More of her laughter echoed inside my head. "He's no different." She mocks, but it was also coated with hatred for him as well.

Breathing heavily thinking about all the times when he had displayed kindness and patience towards me. Was it truly all a just lie, similar to when Shivani showed the same behavior towards me?

"He wanted this to happen to you. To have them find you." Raz continues to throw out, reasoning for why I'm in this mess.

Tensing up as I questioned her. "Why? Maybe it's because, be-." But she ferociously interrupts my thinking of finding a solution to why Calix would do such a thing.