𝟕 - Keep Your Enemies Closer

♑︎ Corvina ♑︎
In the Chief's magnificent estate, the ethereal melodies of a young maiden's screams rings through the elegant corridors, filling the air with haunting beauty. The atmosphere thickens with the undeniable scent of freshly spilled blood, its metallic essence permeating the air, simultaneously overpowering and captivating. With each breath, the scent of raw brutality fills my lungs, emanating from the cruel bite marks being etched upon her delicate frame. It is a scent that speaks of pain and violence, a grim and beautiful reminder of the merciless act that has befallen her. My eyes remaining fixated on the harrowing image unfolding before me, capturing every agonizing convulsion and the sheer terror that engulfs her wide, fear-stricken eyes.

Poised at the head of the lavish dining table, the Chief exudes an eerie calmness. Her unwavering attention remaining focused on the anguished girl, futilely struggling against the bonds that confined her. With a malevolent satisfaction gleaming in her eyes, she delicately runs her tongue across her lips, wiping away the remnants of blood that stain her chin. Her macabre accessory, a scarlet handkerchief, serves as a chilling reminder of her sinister nature. In the depths of her indulgence, she relishes not only the exquisite flavor but also the enthralling authority it bestows upon her. With a sinister delight, she revels in this haunting display of dominance. As the heavy silence permeates the room, broken only by the girl's desperate gasps for air. The Chief, being consumed by a sinister pleasure, lets out a satisfied sigh, relishing in the twisted satisfaction that this scene has brought her.

With unwavering confidence, I strode towards the table, effortlessly capturing attention with my undeniable presence. "Ah, Corvina, come on in and take a bite. You look famished." The Chief's grin widens, revealing her bloodstained chin and teeth, a chilling display of her unhinged delight. Her lips curling upwards, tainted with the remnants of her grisly feast, as if relishing in the grotesque spectacle before her.

"P-p-ple-ase..." The anguished wails of the tormented girl were stifled by her quivering mouth, her voice strained and raspy with sorrow. Her tears, a tragic display of her agony, formed a haunting spectacle of suffering. Yet, she desperately continues to seek solace amidst the unfathomable abyss of her excruciating anguish. "L-let m-e... go."

Caressing the girl's cheek with the tip of my finger, delicately capturing a solitary tear, tracing its path as if painting a delicate portrait of her pain. Curiously, lifts my finger to my mouth, allowing the saltiness to graze my tongue, savoring the bittersweet flavor that dances upon my taste buds. "Wouldn't mind if I do." Seeing the fear forming into every line of her face as I bent down, my eyes locking in with hers. Her once vibrant eyes now frozen in a state of sheer terror. "You have such beautiful eyes, little one. Such a shame that they won't be for much longer." Gently, presses my lips against her forehead. "But I'll make it quick, since I'm in such a generous mood." My fangs gleaming in the candlelight, descending upon her neck with a predatory grace. A piercing shriek leaves her trembling lips, but I callously dismiss her cries, savoring the intoxicating blend of sweetness and a faint metallic tang when drinking her blood.

With great enthusiasm, the Chief joyfully proclaims. "Guess what I overheard today?" She gives a faint laugh before continuing. "The Captain received intel from my little spy, concerning the whereabouts of the Rixa pack, the ones who's been causing us a great deal of trouble lately." Taking a brief pause from feeding, giving her my undivided attention, signaling that I am fully engaged in this interesting conversation. "It appears that Astor has successfully captured the pathetic alpha and several members of her pack. They are set to arrive in the city within two days. This means that the Rixa problem has been resolved and we can now concentrate on our main objective without any more distractions or issues."

Slowly withdrawing myself from the lifeless girl that's sprawled out on the table, a fascination grips my senses. The scarlet droplets, like delicate ruby tears, trails down my chin, a haunting reminder of the grotesque and yet strangely captivating view of what I just did to her. "Is that so, and where is the spy?" Her head subtly tilts, as she gestures towards the entrance of the dining room. "Come on in." The room falls into silence as the creaking doors fills the air, amplifying the tension that's now hanging in this atmosphere. Soon after, a young man emerges, his body is draped in a black cloak that seems to blend seamlessly with the shadows. His face, being concealed by the hood, only a sliver of his nose and mouth were visible. His eyes, veiled as they are drawn to the floor. "You did wonderfully these past few months and for your loyalty and compliance. I'll let you see them again, soon." With a graceful gait and an unwavering composure, the Chief approaches, effortlessly narrowing the gap, exuding a commanding aura that has perpetually awed me all this time when working with her.

As his head tilts upwards ever so gently, a breathtaking sight emerges - his eyes, a kaleidoscope of mesmerizing blues, draws me in with their captivating hues. "Y-you promise?" Despite the trembling in his voice, he musters the courage to speak, his words filled with a mix of fear and curiosity. Yet, he still flinches and recoils at the sight of the Chief's sharp fangs. She responds back with a mischievous grin, her fingertips, delicately and tenderly, trails along his cheek. "Are you questioning me?" Her grip now tightening on his chin, a sense of dominance clearly emanates from her towering presence. The height difference accentuates the power dynamic between them, intensifying the feeling of vulnerability that radiates from him. From my vantage point, I can sense the palpable fear that envelops him, his body reacting instinctively to the threat. His racing heart and shallow, heavy breaths betray his helplessness, amplifying the control she holds over him. Every second seems to stretch as she relishes in this moment, savoring the fear that lingers off his quivering frame. "N-no... forgive me. I... I j-just want to see-."

Interrupting him mid-sentence, the Chief hushes him with a mere touch of her finger against his lips. Though gentle in nature, the gesture spoke volumes, effectively urging him to keep silent and refrain from uttering another word. Caught off guard, the spy locks eyes with her, a blend of confusion and fear creeping across his face, uncertain of the imminent events that lay ahead. The Chief's eyes bore into him with such intensity that it seems as if her penetrating gaze could pierce through the depths of his very soul. From my viewpoint, it was evident that the spy had no other option but to surrender, to yield to her command, and to comply with whatever she demanded of him. "Shhh, unless you prefer to see them dead instead."

Intimidated by the unwavering intensity of the Chief's piercing eyes, the spy swiftly and wisely averts his attention elsewhere, bowing his head in a gesture of submission. He understood the power dynamics at play and recognizes that defiance would only lead to dire consequences. With a mixture of trepidation and resignation, he obediently accepts her command silently. "Good, you may go now." However, before dismissing him from the room, the Chief's sharp look softens momentarily, revealing a hint of unexpected tenderness. Her hand reaching out, gently caressing the spy's cheek, a gesture that was certainly unusual for her to express. As quickly as it came, the Chief withdrew her hand, the momentary vulnerability being replaced by her usual commanding demeanor. With a nod, she silently signals his departure. "Dogs, such loyal creatures, and so easy to manipulate." She shifts her focus back onto me, to which I swiftly notice a mischievous smirk stretching across her fair complexion. "Well, most of them, anyway." But just as it materializes, it drastically dissolves into a menacing snarl.

"Do you think he's aware of Teva's escape? Though it's been quite some time, more than a month ago to be precise, so I wouldn't exactly call it recent."

She lets out a heavy breath, her frustration palpable. "Not a clue." She mutters, her jaw clenching tightly. As she stands there, I could see the tension building within her. With a soft chuckle, I step closer, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind, offering a comforting embrace. "Mhmm, love it when you're pissed off." Gently planting delicate kisses on her neck, feeling the coldness of her skin under my lips. As I do so, I can sense her tension gradually melting away, replacing it with a mixture of surprise and desire. Our connection deepens in that intimate moment. "And bossy." With a seductive glide of my fingers, they trace the curves of her body, moving closer to her chest. Unfortunately, in an unexpected twist, her hands firmly seizes my wrists, taking control of this seductive tension between us. "Of course you do. I'm the one that mentored you all these years." In that fleeting second, her lips delicately touches my own, leaving behind the traces of a sweet and tender kiss. "We have work to do." As our lips remain slightly apart, she playfully whispers those words, their soft vibrations gently caressing my slightly parted lips. Her teasing words creating a delightful dance between our breaths, igniting a spark of anticipation and desire within my body.

Feeling a mixture of disappointment and annoyance, letting out a faint grumble in response. The unexpected nature of her teasing whispers against my mouth leaves me momentarily unsure of how to react. Yet, underneath that grumble lies a hint of amusement, as I find myself increasingly drawn into the playful exchange between us. "Very well then, Chief. What would you have me to do?" A tender smile graces her lips as she softly caresses my cheek. "Go see the Prince and then wait for my orders." She commands, before gracefully leaving the dining room. As I gaze upon her departing figure, the manner in which she left me ignites an innate craving that resonates deep within my chest. Every fiber yearning to consume her, to sustain an insatiable hunger that only she can satisfy.

"As you command... my Chief." A devious smirk creeps across my face, as it's being completely fueled by the malevolence brewing within me.