The wedding

"Gurl wake the fuck up it's the wedding day." Ciara shook me.

"Oh shit." I got up and woke all of them up.

"Bro wake up we need to go to the event center to get ready."

"Relax the wedding is in 3 hours."

"So 3 hours for every one of us to shower, get dressed, pack, drive in rush hour traffic, get everybody's make-up done, fix something if something goes wrong, and make it in time for the church service, and then reception."

"Ugh fine, wake Jennie up, we'll shower at the location."

As we entered the car, Ciara started to look around in the back.

" Hey, guys? I am looking at the stuff at the back and the dress isn't here."

I slammed the brakes looking back at her.

"What do you mean the dress isn't here?!" I turned to look at Jennie. "Did you not pack your dress??!!"

" I thought it was already at the venue."

" How could the dress be at the venue if everyone is home?!"

"Elara, calm down I'll get my assistant to bring it to the venue."

"We don't have time!" I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." Jennie lowered her head in guilt.

"You should be."I turned back facing the road

We arrived at the venue and started to change Jennie had not said anything.

"I am sorry for how I yelled at you, I didn't mean to be that harsh." I apologized to her after seeing how grim she looked.

"It's my fault for not double-checking." Looking at Jennie's face, she was on the verge of tears.

"Hey, it's okay don't cry you did nothing wrong." I held Jennie in my arms as she started to cry. " I am so sorry El, I'm trying, I really am." She was sobbing.

"I am getting married to someone I barely know. My life has turned upside down."

I held her tighter and started crying, "I'm sorry, I failed to protect you, I am so sorry, my little baby, forgive me." I could see everyone in the room starting to tear up.

"I ain't even done my makeup yet but I'm already crying." Rochelle fanned her tears away.

The makeup artists arrived and we all got into our seats.

We were having so much fun when the makeup artist startled us as she dropped her palette like she had seen a ghost. We turned to look in her direction and saw our father walking into the room. " My daughter!" He exclaimed opening his arms for a hug, " You have made me proud today, come give your father a hug!" He exclaimed as he held his arms out for a hug. My mother strolled behind him with her head hung low.

"What are you doing behind me? Go and give your daughter a hug!" He spoke so sweetly towards her but his words were laced with the undertones of threats.

My mother walked towards Jennie holding her face in her palms.

"You look so beautiful, my baby." She spoke almost crying.

"You look ravishing as always mummy." Jennie laughed, and my mum hit her laughing.

"You're getting married, you're too old to be calling me mummy."

"No, I'm not, I'll always be your baby." Jennie hugging her made my mum burst into tears.

"Why are you crying woman? Don't ruin the day with your antics." My dad shouted.