Turn of events

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping. I got up and stretched to pick up my phone to look at the time - it was 5 am. I looked over to see Taehyung who was still fast asleep due to the jetlag and quietly slipped out of bed. I walked into the closet and got changed into some workout clothes.

Walking through the dimly lit hallways, I could hear my footsteps. Everyone was still fast asleep from both the jet lag and going to sleep late last night. I ventured into the home gym where the soft hum of the treadmill awaited me. I did a few stretches and got on the treadmill.

Images from the previous night swirled in my thoughts, particularly the cutting words from Jennie. Her accusations had hit a raw nerve - a painful acknowledgement that perhaps I was undeserving of forgiveness. "I am a horrible person who has done horrible things," echoed in my mind.

"Morning, Elara," Azalea's voice interjected, pulling me out of my thoughts. She stood on the treadmill next to me.

"Morning, Azalea," I replied. "So, how's it going?" Azalea asked, her eyes glinting with curiosity as she matched my pace. "Just needed to clear my head after waking up," I explained. "What about you why are you up so early?" I asked.

"The pictures everywhere keep making me feel weird," Azalea confessed. I sighed, "I know, the pictures everywhere keep making me feel weird."

"Right? I have been trying to avoid the hallways but it seems like my mother just filled everywhere with pictures." Azalea agreed.

I turned off my treadmill and turned to her, "Why don't we work out outside? Like, go around town." Azalea turned hers off and stared at me blankly, "I'm not running around with a gun." I walked over to her and held her hands, "we don't have to take our guns Aza, we're in Como."  She took my hands off and held them, "We're assassination targets. I'm not going anywhere without a gun."

I sighed, "Okay fine. I'll carry the guns in my jacket. Come on Aza, we can have a mini day out. We can even do surveillance to see if there is anything unusual." I pleaded.

She gave up and followed after me. We walked into the gun arsenal picked out our guns and loaded them. I picked out a puffer jacket and put the guns in and zipped the jacket up.

We left out of the front door and jogged over the gate. "Open the gate for us, if anyone asks, tell them we went for a run," I called out to one of the security.

He nodded and opened up the gates and we jogged out of the estate. As I made our way into the quiet town that had not yet been awoken by the sunrise, Azalea spoke. "I spoke with Jennie yesterday." I snapped my head towards her, urgency in my eyes. "What did she say?" Azalea panted, "I told her that you really wanted to tell her but you just couldn't find the right way to tell her and the conversation we had in Milan and she cried."

"She hates me right now. I don't know what to do, Aza," I confessed, the weight of the situation pressing on me. Azalea offered a comforting embrace, urging me to give Jennie space and time. "I'm sure she'll come around," she reassured.

The sun had fully risen and stores were starting to open. As we continued our jog, I stopped outside of a bakery and sat on one of the chairs they had outside. Panting, I unzipped the jacket I had on. "I'm so hot!" Azalea sat next to me panting, "It's cold."

At the corner of my eye, I saw a black car parked on the street opposite us. "Aza, don't look but there is a suspicious car parked next to us and I think it has been following us," I whispered, alerting her to the potential threat. She nodded at me and I handed her the gun from my jacket. We stood up and walked towards the car while adjusting the silencers on the gun. Realizing that they had been caught, the men in the car tried to start the engine to make a run for it. Azalea shot the tyre of the car. I followed after her and smashed one of the windows of the car with the back of the gun.