Chapter 12

My tail, which now began to grow in shape, allowed me to balance myself even in non-flat areas.

Shuffle, shuffle.

"Pii."

"You're a good walker."

"Pii~."

As I went to the palm of his hand, the landlord tapped my beak. I feel it all the time he does this, the landlord seems to like my beak.

"I've heard that you can humanize soon."

"Pii!"

"But I can't see where you actually grew up."

He muttered while holding me up and looking around.

No, I'm growing up really well. I can eat more rice than before.

When I glared with a silent energy, the landlord grinned. It was an obvious sneer.

"Or did all the food go to your belly?"

"Pii!"

"My Lord, Miss Irene is growing up very well."

When I got angry, Rosaria intervened and brought a white wooden board as evidence. It was a wooden board measuring height every morning. The edges of the wooden boards were punctuated with red lines dated at short intervals.

"What is this?"

"It is a record of Miss Irene's growth."

Rosaria smiled proudly and showed it to everyone, and they turned to the wooden board she was holding.

"Are you sure she's growing up?"

Measurements of her feet were recorded, placed with the dates. She was obviously growing, albeit barely.

The landlord meekly admitted the truth as I flapped my wings for him to look at.

"I see."

"Pii!"

"You are definitely growing up. But······."

When will I finish growing up at this rate?

Everyone looked at Hestia with curious eyes.

Having the most savvy knowledge in the room, she glistened her eyes while looking at the wooden board and coughed to speak.

"You can't try to understand it with the same knowledge used for fast-growing individuals. Miss Irene is different from us."

"It will take her a while to grow then."

"She's different from the masters who grow up day by day with a significant change. The Black Mamba quickly becomes independent but Miss Irene will take a little longer."

"Really?"

Listening to Hestia's explanation, the landlord smiled satisfactorily, somehow liking what he had just heard.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The landlord, who I thought would just take a quick look, stayed for quite a long time before going back. Thanks to that, all the intelligence that I had hidden was revealed in front of everyone.

"Don't you know how smart Miss Irene is?"

The landlord, who was slowly losing interest over time, replied attentively.

"What's that about?"

"She's learning about other Clans these days."

"You're doing unnecessary things again."