Chapter 24

Cade, who had a busy schedule with no time to catch his breath, was in a state of being as sensitive as he could be.

The vassals who had to match his mood were literally dying.

They were in a position where they had to save their lives by themselves if they so much as stared into his blood red eyes.

'I should have submitted my resignation letter sooner.'

It has been six years since he worked under Cade.

Amerod who has been hesitant and afraid of submitting his carefully written resignation letter for the past six years, burst into tears.

He was gentle in personality and soft by nature. Because of that he was bullied by his clan from an early age.

But as he grew up, he was selected by Cade when he awoke powerful pheromones...

-You are perfect for working in my family.

At the time, he didn't know what that meant.

Unfortunately, Amerod could not understand the meaning of those words until he entered the Astrophel family. A family that had its mouth wide open branding black sharpened teeth.

He was the only mediator within a family infested with ferocious individualism and fierceness.

Therefore, Amerod, who barely managed to work and was squeezed almost to death between each department's egoistical notions, submitted a resignation letter, saying he would quit this time.

And the answer that came back?

-You risk your life to submit a resignation letter, Amerod.

He wanted to cry. This is because he could no longer handle the owner of the hideous energy next to him. Amerod, who was walking down the hallway, sighed deeply together with the other vassals, and widened his eyes at a faint and fluffy presence.

Irene was hiding behind the pillar and peeping her head out.

"Uh...? That person is..."

"She can't even hide herself. At the way this is going, she'll have to live by my side forever."

What did he say right now?

Amerod looked at Cade with a dumbstruck gaze.

Cade, who was expressionless, raised his lips as he got closer to Irene.

He restrained his pheromone so as not to scare Irene, and stopped his steps as the child fully appeared from behind the pillar.

His red eyes softened as he stared at the child.

"You look like a moth."

"It's not a moth, but a butterfly, my lord."

"......Butterfly?"

Cade and Baon exchanged words.

Irene, dyed yellow from head to toe, had wings on her back. Although anyone could see it was a fairy, Amerod was stunned at their erroneous speculation, which went all the way to the abyss by mentioning moths and butterflies.

It was truly a mystery how this family has survived to this day.

"......She's a fairy."

"Fairy?"

The eyes of the two men turned to Amerod.

"Every child knows that's fiction, Sir Amerod."

Baon laughed and raised his glasses. Then approached Irene and asked.