Chapter 59

Baon's voice came through the crack in the slightly open office door.

I stopped walking.

What does this mean?

"Are you planning on letting the lady go?"

I was standing absent-minded as if an accident had stopped me in my tracks.

Have you already decided to send me to the East?

Crumple.

The corner of the box I was holding was slightly wrinkled.

I didn't want to be alone again, just thinking about that made me so lonely and sad.

"......No."

I swung the door open.

Baon, who was sitting in the front, looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Miss Irene?"

"I'm not going! I'm going to stay here!"

Whik!

I threw the cookie box I was holding with all my might.

Tuk.

The box was thrown helplessly to the floor and rolled.

"I-I hate you Daddy!"

My voice echoed through the hallway.

Huck!

The sound of Baon taking a deep breath was heard and in the frighteningly quiet office, no one spoke first.

Why don't you say anything?

The sudden subdued mood was a little scary, but I had no intention of canceling what I said. I even baked cookies to give as a gift, but Cade was thinking of sending me back.

Boiling emotions soared, my eyes got hot and tears welled up. I let out a deep breath in my intense emotions.

I opened my tightly closed eyes a little, to peep, and dazzling red eyes were staring at me without shaking an inch.

Startled.

As I stepped backward with tears in my eyes, Cade gave out a crooked smile.

"I thought I heard it wrong, but I guess that's not the case."

"......M-My Lord. Calm down for now..."

"What did you throw on the floor?"

"I'll check."

Baon got up at once and checked the box I had thrown on the floor. Soon, surprise spread through the blue eyes behind the glasses.

"It's a cookie."

"Cookie?"

"Did you bake it yourself?"

Both eyes turned to me. I held back the tears that were about to burst, bit my lips, and nodded. Cade showed interest in the box and held out his hand.

"Give it to me."

"You're so mean. I'd like to see it for a second."

"It's mine."

"...Where is such a thing. Miss Irene threw it on the floor, so the person who picked it up is the owner."

"This house belongs to me."

Baon delivered the box to Cade with an expression of disapproval. He checked the inside of the transparent box and immediately looked at me with a happy face.

It felt completely different from the previous atmosphere.

"Irene."

"......Yes."