Chapter 50

Messi told me other things besides this.

I also learned that the South is so rich in resources that there is little that can't be found and that it has an unusually large number of allied clans.

However, because of the lack of spices, they are trying to maintain a friendly relationship with the West.

Wow. Messi is like a genius.

As I blinked my eyes, he shrugged and avoided my gaze out of embarrassment.

"What is it? That expression of surprise."

"I thought that you didn't know about those things. How do you know everything?"

"...First of all, I'm from a collateral family too. I've had all the basic classes so I know what I'm talking about."

"Collateral?"

"They have the same roots as the Astrophel family."

The roots are the same? Doesn't that mean they have the same ancestors? I was shocked.

"Then you are a distant relative of Daddy?!"

It was the strangest and most shocking thing I had ever heard.

When I asked back in amazement, Messi shook his head, saying it wasn't.

"It may have been in the past, but not now. Nowadays, even non-collateral members of the clan who have contributed to the family are recognized as collateral."

"It was like that."

"But that doesn't mean there aren't any real collateral members."

"Is that person Baon?"

I remembered Baon that also had black hair. I was told that black hair and red eyes are only innate to people of the Astrophel family.

This is because when you go around the house, sometimes you see people with those characteristics here and there.

Not only Baon, but Rosaria also had red eyes. Messi nodded a yes to my words.

"That's right. It's complicated, isn't it?"

"Yes. But is good to know."

It was a little complicated, but it seemed to be vaguely understandable.

To put it simply, it meant that both the clan members with blood ties and members without them would be recognized as collateral if they made a contribution to the family.

I've been feeling it for a long time, but the South was very open-minded.

If it was somewhere else, I don't think they would recognize someone as collateral simply because they made a contribution.

I asked softly, pointing north of the map.

"By the way, Messi. How cold is it in the North?"

"Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"

"I have to go play later. Sage lives there."

"......Ah."

Messi had a complex, subtle expression on his face. He was hesitant to ask how to explain.

"...Do you know what it means to invite another beast to your realm?"

"What does it mean?"

Is there such a thing? I blinked slowly. I don't know what it means.

Come to think of it, I remember that Rosaria's expression wasn't very good when I told her that Sage had invited me over.

What the hell does that mean? When I shook my head that I didn't know, Messi sighed deeply...