Our First Cars

[It was just another typical day in high school for Sam Witwicky. Currently, he was in class adressing his fellow classmates.]

Sam: Sorry, I had a lot of stuff. Okay, so for my family-

[Sam gets cut off when he hears a rubber band snap that hits him in the neck by a piece of paper. The students snickered as Mr Hosney stands up.]

Hosney: Who did that? People! Responsibility! [Hosney sits back down as Sam continues his story].

Sam: Right, so um, for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my great-great-grandfather, Captain Archibald Witwicky. He was a very famous explorer. In fact... (Sam then pulls out a paper out of his back) He was one of the first to explore the Artic Circle, which is a big deal. (He then shows it in his map).

Sam: In 1897, he took 41 brave sqilors straight into the Artic Sheeld. Here, we have some of the basic instruments and tools used by 19th-century seamen. Sam holds up a tubular piece of fabric. This here is the quadrant, which you can go for 80 bucks. All for sale by the way.

Sam: (Then holds up a pair of glasses.) These are pretty cool actually. My grandfather's glassss, haven't appraised them yet, but they've seen many cool things.

Hosney: Are you going to sell us his liver too? Mr. Witwicky, this isn't show and sell. It's the 11th grade. I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what you're doing.

Sam: I know I'm sorry. I just, you know, this is,all going towards my car fund. You can tell your folks. It's on eBay. I take PayPal. Could have hard cash works too.

Sam: And the compass makes a great gift for Colombus Day. (Sam brings out articles and sketches with mysterious symbols.) Sorry. Um, unfortunately, my grandfather, the genius that he was, wound up going blind and crazy in a psycho ward, drawing these strange symblls and babbling on about some, uh, giant iceman that he thought he'd discovered.

Hosney: Might be a pop quiz tomorrow! Might not. Saved by the bell, Sam.

Sam: Okay, pretty good right?

Hosney: I'd say a solid B minus.

Sam: A B minus?

Hosney: You were hawking your grandfather's crap in my school.

Sam: Kids in short-look, can you do me a favor. Can you look out of the window for a second. You see my father? He's the guy in the green car. Well I tell you about a dream, a boy's dream and a man's promise to that boy, he looked at me in the eye said "Son, I'm gonna buy you a car, but I want you to bring me $2000 and three A's okay I got the $2000 and two A's" okay. (Sam makes a gesture of an explosion.) "Heres the dream your B minus, Pfft! Dream gone, Kaput!". Sir, ask yourself. What would Jesus do?

...

[After Sam changes his teacher's mind to get an A minus instead.]

Sam: YES! [He yells in excitement as he runs to his father.]

Ron: So? [Ron Witwicky asks as his son gets in the car with him].

Sam: A-, it's an A though! (He says as he holds up his grade paper.) It's all good.

Michael: Well it's time that we get our first cars.

Sam: Okay, So whats the surprise.

Ron: You'll see.

[They arrive at the car dealership]

Sam: What.

Michael: Get out of here!

Sam: Are you kidding me right now, Are you kidding me?

Ron: Yeah. I am. You're not getting a Porsche. (Laughing)