chapter 1: high school hell

october 3rd 2022

The school bell rung. "finally!" my best, and only friend Amy jolted up from her seat and out the classroom, i slowly followed behind her, my nails brushing against the tangles vine that crawled up walls of the old high school. "what a boring class! i would much rather spend and hour of my life learning about woghorts and other beasts!" she groaned as i twisted the knob to my lock, finally unlocking the tall locker.

 "i find both are boring, i would rather learn about....nothing really" i chuckled, grabbing my hat and tin lunchbox. i grabbed a myth book on the human world and i began to head towards my right, heading to the two large wooden doors that lead out to the courtyard where we ate lunch.  Two familiar faces halted us to a stop. Lucas and Sarah my two biggest enemies and the biggest snobs in the whole school "where are you going?" Sarah said, Lucas peering behind her, a hold a long grin. Amy cowered, sliding behind me as Sarah continued on "wheres my homework bun bun?"  I clenched my fists.

 My mother would always call me bun bun, they used the nickname because they knew it hit a soft spot for me. I gave them a glare as i handed Sarah her homework, looking away shamefully. She snatched it from my hands as Lucas flicked my glasses off, what a jerk! i thought, picking up my round glasses. once outside the large doors of the the massive high school. we walked along the large feild heading to the back towards the tree, our little spot, just me and Amy's. We perched ourselves at the top of the grand tree that stood tall at the edge of the dark and looming forest that swirled around our school. Amy placed her broom on a sturdy branch beside her, I did the same.

 I took a bite out of my sandwich and took a quick glance at Amy as she opened her paper bag. Amy's mother wasn't necessarily very well off, Her mother got fired from her previous job (brooms-women) and they had to sell almost everything they had. Though for some odd reason Amy still is cheery and bright as she was before, I don't get how she could be that unbothered. That's why i love her so much, she brings a little light into my life here. she's with me me throughout this high school hell.