chapter 3: the beginning of the end

October 5th 2022

Finally it was the weekend, after a long school week the two days of happiness and relaxation were all i needed. My phone buzzed, "got my things packed, u?" it was from amy, i texted back "not yet...you know there's more to pack then a few cute outfits?" "duh i know but ill leave all the brainiac stuff 2 u" she replied, i laughed, she always knew how to make me smile. i hopped out of my bed and headed to my closet, opening the two shut doors. i peered to the left of my closet, bags galore, i travelled a lot so i had many large and thick bags. "phew!" i had pulled all the bags out and had about 4 or 5 in a pile.

  perfect! i thought as i began pulling out bags big and small. Soon i arranged them from largest to smallest and started to pack them full of things food,water,clothing,deterrent,feminine products (yk girls) and survival materials. We were going to do this and we were going to do it well! i texted her back "done packing everything meet at the tree!" "Rodger that!" she texted back. the colourful leaves fell as i made my way to to the tree by the school. "ooooh lonesome bun bun?" Sarah's voice rung and froze me like ice. " where are you going bun bun?" she mimicked my mom's voice and i had enough, I turned around and said "walk away Sarah i wont tell you a second time", she fumed, "oh like i'm gonna listen to you? what is bun bun gonna do?" i spun around and punched her in the face. She grasped her cheek as she looked at me with angry eyes.

 She ran at me, throwing punches left and right. "stop it now or ill do it again!" i yelled. "no i'm gonna mess you up b!tch!" she yelled as she charged again. I kicked her away and ran off to the school. "What took you so long?" Amy groaned ash she floated down from the tree on her broom. "you wont believe it!" i sighed, a small hint of anger in my tone. Amy recognised this and pulled me up to the tree, "so..?" she mumbled "i fought Sarah" i said, turning to her excitedly. "really!?" she squealed with happiness. "did you win?" she asked, searching my face for bruises or scrapes, i blushed, "y-yes i won dummy..now move outta my face!" i spat, closing my eyes and pushing her away gently. "you ready...?" she asked, changing the aura of the situation. "note is written, i'm all good" i signalled to my thick bags and she signalled to hers. "Good, map?" i checked again. She nodded, i hopped off and headed into the forest, it had started, we were running away.