chapter: 11 Elijah's mom

october 15th 2022

"How!?" AJ shrieked, pacing around the room "well.." Amy started "my mom ran off a while ago and left me a letter that spoke of her leaving to a new world, where power as a witch was a given" I mocked, and AJ clearly caught on to my shifted mood, he then simply nodded. "she left when i was like 8" i added, kicking a small piece of rubble on the ground. 

"i guess that's why marcus wanted me and the team to capture you" "YOU were there!?" i shouted, making him jump. "yeah i mean he got the whole team.." AJ said again, standing back up properly again. "So he must have known how much bigger we are" i sighed "what? how do you know that?" Amy asked, clearly clueless. I chuckled "if he knows how big my mom is don't you think he will know how many people it would take to capture a younger witch?" i said, waving my hands infront of Amy's eyes. "ohhh!" she put her hands on her head, ruffling her hair. "exactly" i cross my arms, both in amusement and anger.

We waved AJ a quick goodbye as he headed out of the torn building on a B-line for his highschool dorm. "whats a sleeping bag?" Amy asked, i pulled out a human dictionary. "it says that its a portable thin bed like thing often used for camping" "how come we never used sleeping bags?" Amy asked again "i don't know!" i laughed and sat down against a part wall with Amy. "it was nice of him to go out and get the bags of sleep like that" Amy shrugged. "yeah and reckless" i respond.

Suddenly, two headlights of a car lit up the area, a slight screeching sound followed the light. We poked our heads above the half wall and saw four heavy duty vans, each carrying around five men. Amy and i exchanged worried glances and we began to crawl towards the other side of the building. Shouts echoed through the night as orders were exchanged between the men in the vans, they charged out, each of them wearing protective gear and carrying heavy guns. Amongst the fifteen men in the middle was Marcus, he had a smug grin on his face.

Amy looked at me worriedly and i nodded to a decent sized hole in what looked like the first floor roof. She nodded and we began to crawl, hiding behind the clumps of wall and rubble. Soon enough, we had crawled our way underneath the hole, i looked up, seeing a more structured second floor. Amy jumped up, grabbing onto the ledge and hoisting herself up, i followed shortly after.

The room was dim, the light of the scientists car barely making it visible. The wall facing Marcus and his team was torn wide open, leaving us staring down at him and his team, and him staring up at us. There was a small opening to our right that looked out to a thick forest. "jump down and run to the forest, there's no one guarding the backside" i said, nodding to the opening and the forest beyond it. Amy nodded, jumping down with a faint thud and running to the forest.

A crack and thud erupted behind me. Four men surrounded Marcus, all wearing heavy armour with bold white words SWAT imprinted on the arms and back neatly.