Chapter 13: guns n' witches

october 15th 2022

I whirled around to look for Amy. THUNK a sharp pain hit my neck and i flinched, exclaiming with annoyance as i felt a small pod with a thin needle embedded in my neck. "your all assholesss!" i said, my words slurring embarrassingly. i tried pulling it out but it was too painful, i blinked slowly and felt my knees starting to give out, i cushioned my fall with my hands, laying awkwardly on the floor. My vision blurred as i heard Marcus giving orders to his goons. Before i could act or know it, the humans were picking me up, and i was passing out.

Muffled noises of people talking quietly woke me from my forced sleep. "sh-it.." i mumbled to myself, a raging headache made my second experience of being kidnapped just that more enjoyable. Suddenly i was tossed around in a blur of bumps. I went to touch my head but realised that both my hands were bound with a metal clasp. I moved my legs around, feeling the width of the compartment i was being held in. It was fairly wide, and long enough for my height..so at least 6 feet. I struggled to sit up but managed to use the wall on my right for support. There was a large plastic, or glass window to my left, i looked out and could only describe what i thought to be cars. if these are cars i must be in the trunk or something. My eyes stung with tiredness even though i was just sleeping for an estimated 3 maybe 4 hours.

It was dark outside and we were on a long road, a highway probably but where? I thought. I racked my mind through all the "all you need to know about humans" books i read. they might be taking me to a different lab, farther away, what will they do with me? will they just kill me and not risk any more damage? will they hold me for ransom? no they wouldn't, i'm too "valuable" for Marcus to dispose of me and if Marcus wanted to hold anyone for ransom it would be Amy. I struggled with the metal clasps, feeling for any grooves of lines of separation. I felt a specific, detailed hole, probably for keys, Marcus must have a key. I sat up a little further, trying to get a view of the people driving. Three men, i recognised one of them, who? i narrowed my eyes, trying to adjust to the light in the front seats.

As i finally un-blurred my vision i focused more clearly on the person i recognised. They had glasses, like mine that were currently broken on the floor of the trunk, kind of blond short hair, they looked about my age. I saw that he was wearing a shirt. I focused on reading what the shirt said. I muttered under my breath what it said. "dungeons--and...dragons?" Where have i heard that from? wait no- who have i heard that from? my heart dropped i knew who he is its all clear now. its AJ!