chapter 7: Captive

October 11th 2022 

(there is gonna be alot of new characters so be ready!)

"Psst! hey" i wake up, my back aching "huh?" i sit up and open my eyes, Amy's worried face greets me. I try to reach my hand out to her but realise i'm restricted, i look down and a large metal clasp was placed around my wrists, i look at Amy, she holds out her wrists to show that the same thing had happened to her. "Where are we, how long have you been awake?" i ask "i don't know where we are!" She cries out "i don't have my broom,wand and you don't have your grimoir or your wand or broom and-!" I stopped her "shh!" you may alert the humans that we are awake "who knows what spells they will cast on us" "what if they don't use spells?" Amy asked "true, but what if they have some other worldly magic?" i asked "ooooh this was such a bad idea! what were we thinking we didn't know what they could do or if they were anything like us!" She said, and continued to ramble on about what we could have been doing in the nether, correction, what she could be doing in the dabblit fan club.

 As she spoke i looked around the large cell we were held in, no humans were in sight and we weren't  being held back by a magic barrier like in the nether, it was a clear solid that looked to be glass and i, or anyone on the other side could see right through it. I stood and thought, if it is glass i should be able to break it!  I stood up wearily, my hands being immobile not helping with anything. I looked around for something i could break the glass with, Amy looked at me questioningly. "What are you-" "shhh" i hushed her "i think its glass" i said in a low whisper, hoping not to let the humans hear us "ohh" she whispered back. My eyes travelled around the room, looking for something strong to break the glass, something i could hold so that i myself wouldn't get hurt. But that's when it hit me, my cuffs!  i thought, my cuffs are metal! they can break the glass! but what if my hands get cut? nevermind that i might get us out! if it is glass and not some kind of human made wall.  I take a deep breath, stepping back, without warning i charge towards the wall with my metal clasps held before my face.

 *BOOM* my eyes were shut and just as i had thought i broke the glass, the hard floor of our cell hit my back abruptly. The wall had countered my attack!?  I thought "what was that for!?" Amy asked, crawling over to make sure i was okay "oww" i groaned, trying to grasp my back but being reminded of my cuffs. Amy crawled over to me, as i opened my eyes all i could see was her worried expression kneeling...hovering....all i can say is hovering WAY too close to my face. "I- uh -we- gah! move move move!" I whispered sliding my hands behind my back and scooching away, flushing with red pigment. She chuckled, sitting back down "what is that?" she asked "its not glass" she added "yeah" i responded "wait" "i think i read about this, its a human invention called..plastic! yeah its plastic!" the only thing that can break plastic is a certain spell! the one that the old council of witches made! back in 1855!" i chimed in "yeah but..they took our wands.." she reminded me.

 I was about to say another thing when a tapping on the glass took our attention (i'm just gonna call it glass for the sake of words) a slim human with a long white coat was tapping on the glass for our attention, he had what seemed to be some kind of thin book, and was writing constantly in that same book I felt like an animal, some kind of test subject or an insane witch, a few other humans with white coats and books game up to the glass, me and Amy exchanged looks. "What should we do?" i ask, my gaze locked on the humans, insuring that i would know if they tried to cast or do anything. "I don't know? maybe we should beg for forgiveness" she replied, she too was looking at the humans "psh asfter they captured us when all we did was look at them, forgiveness is gone at that point" i growled, standing to walk to the glass. I heard some muttering from the humans as i walked up to the glass, a few backed away but one stayed narrowing his eyes at me, studying me, judging me. I clenched my fists does he think i'm some cryptid!? a rabid animal!?  I thought angrily, clearly the anger showed on my face as the human once again wrote in his thin book.