32 | The Holy Trinity

Umalingawngaw ang sigaw ni Lola Elisa nang makabalik ang kaluluwa ko sa katawan. An unfamiliar pack of werewolves came out of the bush. Kumunot kaagad ang aking noo dahil sa pagtataka. Who are they?

Majority of the color of their furs are black and chocolate brown. Hergest, the ancient evil witch, finally gets what she wants. She inhabited the body of Meira Durano. When our eyes met, she was so surprised to see me alive.

"No!" I heard her mutter in anger.

She was about to get near me when a brown werewolf jumped into her. Her back fell first upon the ground. The wolf prevented her from getting up, but unfortunately, she managed to inflict a pain in his head. Made him fall to the ground, while holding his head. The sound of wolf's cry rang in my ear.

I wanted to help him. But the wolf looked straight to my eyes. It's as if telling me to get away from here. Sinunod ko naman ang gusto niya. In a matter of seconds, nandito na ako sa tabi ni Rory. I kneel my left knee to untie him. But no matter how I tried, mapapaso lang ang palad ko.

My ear moved when I heard a weakest sound behind my back. Napanatag kaagad ako nang maamoy ko ang amoy ni Hecate. She's here. But she's out of my sight. She's near, but I don't where she was.

"Rope, here I am, hear my voice to be undone." My ear once again moved when I heard Hecate mutter an incantation. The slightest wind blows my hair. "By the power of crone, release them in your master's throne."

And just like that, ang lubid na nakagapos sa mga kamay nina Rory, Lola Elisa, Tita Grace, at Tito Ace ay bumagsak sa lupa. Kaagad na tumayo silang apat. Naramdaman ko ang pagtabi sa akin ni Ry. Our eyes met.

He then hugged me tight in relief.

I hugged him back. Nang kumawala siya sa pagyayakapan namin ay rinig na rinig ko ang malakas na kabog ng kaniyang dibdib. Hindi ko alam kung saan galing itong mga werewolves na hindi ako pamilyar. But I am glad they were here to help.

"Sila ang descendants ng pamilyang Herrera, Kai," I heard Lola Elisa said. Tila ba'y napansin niya ang aking reaksyon. "Hergest's father. Tarie Fodor's husband." Nagsilakihan naman ang aking mata nang marinig ko ang huli niyang sinabi.

So, they are here to help us end the evilness of Hergest. We are not done with the war. Pero kahit papaano ay napanatag ang aking loob nang malamang nandito sila. I can't believe we are fighting with an ancient witch from the year 950.

An era when the world is starting to evolve.

Tito Ace and Tita Grace starting to help. Pero nabaling ang aking atensyon sa ibang direksyon nang marinig ko na naman ang boses ni Hecate. Still, hindi ko pa rin siya nakikita.

"Aperti ianum!" she shouted her incantation.

After that, a wind blows once again. To my surprise, the binding circle where my pack gathered in one place, finally released. My heart became weightless when I saw Lupus out of the corner of my eyes. He was now helping the crescent kids to stay them away from peril.

The adults who just released inside the binding circle, helped fight the vampires who tried to block Lupus' way, preventing him from escaping with the kids. I absentmindedly held Ry's hands and we both snarled.

Two vampires went straight to our direction. Ry appeared behind the other one's back. Walang pag-alinlangang ibinaon niya ang kaniyang pangil sa leeg nito. Nang magsawa siya'y ang kaniyang kamay naman ang ibinaon niya sa dibdib. Ry mercilessly ripped his heart out.

Me, on the other hand, let myself slide between my enemy's leg. Dahilan para lumusot ako papunta sa likuran niya. Mabilisan akong bumangon at sinipa siya sa likuran ng kaniyang tuhod. Because of how heavy the impact was, I heard his bone cracked.