Chapter 8

Vera pov...

"You have been holding out on us..." I read as i got a text from a friend of mine with a link in it. I click on the link and my heart sinks. It is a photo of me and Chris saying goodbye this morning. I read the article and break down crying sinking to the ground. Not one word in the whole article is positive... All of it is about my body... How they can't believe he is this desperate... 

My phone rings and i see Chris his name appear on my screen. I ignore it... I wouldn't even know how to react or what to say... What broke me the most was the line. "We hope his career can survive this..."  

Am i really that repulsive that his career could be down the drain if he is seen dating me? I start to cry harder and my Chris calls me again and again. I dont answer as i am just crying and crying. My phone rings again and it is Scarlet but i dont want to pick up. I dont want to talk to anyone right now. 

I knew this was going to happen and still it felt like a slap in my face. Was i not a human being... Did i not deserve love... or whatever Chris and i had... 

The last couple of days were a dream but i was awake now and the dream was over... 

I get up and walk to my bedroom... The room i spend the most time over the last couple of days. The room still smelt like him and i sighed. I got changed in some comfy clothes and walked to the guest bedroom. I couldn't stay in my bedroom... Everything in there... reminded me of him... 

I got into the bed put my phone on silent and pulled the covers over me and cried myself to sleep. 

A few hours later i woke up and my stomach growled but i ignored it telling myself i wasn't hungry... I could skip a meal. I checked my phone and Chris... Scarlet and Colin had been calling like crazy. I sighed as i maybe should call Scarlet and Colin back but i was not up for it yet. I didn't think i could carry a conversation without breaking down. 

I stared at the ceiling and let out a sigh. I grabbed my phone and did something i probably shouldn't do... I went to Twitter. If i didn't already felt crappy i did now. It was trending topic people telling him he was throwing everything away he worked so hard for... How he possibly could be with a fat cow like me... There was even a comment saying... "We all knew he did a lot for charity.... But damn this is taking it a step to far..."

I needed to get off of Twitter, but i just couldn't i was going down the rabbit hole.... When i finally had enough i threw my phone aside and cried myself to sleep again. I woke up to the doorbell ringing but i ignored it... I didn't want to see anyone nor was i presentable enough for it... 

Chris pov...

I was pacing up and down my kitchen as i kept calling Vera... I left messages begging for her to pick up the phone. But she never did... I did the only thing i could think off and called Scarlet. 

Scarlet was just as worried as i was seeing as she wasn't picking up the phone for her and Colin either. They didn't know if she had seen it but seeing as she wasn't picking up, we knew... Scarlet was pissed off... Not at me but at TMZ for the headline and article. I asked her what i should do and she really didn't know to... I asked her if i should put out a statement, but Scarlet told me to wait with that until we had spoken to Vera asking what she wanted. 

Scarlet told me that Colin had been to the house, but she hadn't answered the door even though he could see she was home as her car was there and there was a light on... After a while he just had given up... Scarlet told me she would try again tomorrow. 

I sighed and hung up the phone.  I felt lost looking around my house i felt so alone and anxious. I couldn't imagine how she must feel like. I was used to all the comments by now but for her this was all new... I hated that because of me it was like this... Guilt was eating me alive. 

I sat down and Dodger cuddled up to me feeling my mood and i sighed. I texted Vera again asking her to please talk to me... But no answer... I kept staring at my phone hoping she would send me a text but nothing. 

I could feel the tears stream down my face and as i was crying my doorbell rang. I sighed stood up and went to open the door. I stepped aside as Scott walked in looking at me worried. "Have you talked to her yet..." He asked me softly. I shook my head. "I even called Scarlet and she and Colin haven't had much luck either..."

"Chris... It is obvious you care a lot about her... So, what are you still doing here..."  Scott said letting out a sigh. I looked at him confused... "Go... Go talk to her..." I sighed... "She is not letting anyone in Scott... Colin already tried..." I said looking at my feet. "Yeah Colin... But Colin is not you... If i was her then the only one i want, there right now is you... I think you are the only one who can fix this..." He said looking at me serious...

He was right... Of course, he was right.... "Can you watch Dodger..." I asked him. Scott nodded and smiled as i grabbed my keys phone and wallet and walked out the door to my car... I needed to at least try...