Chapter 58

Chris pov...

I had put Vera to bed. She was totally drained from just one phone call of her so-called father. I took my phone out of my pocket and i send Colin a text to call me as soon as he could and to my surprise, he called me not a few minutes later.

I explained what happened and asked him if he would mind checking in on Vera's house in New York every now and then seeing as he had keys for emergencies. He said it was no problem, but he warned me. He wouldn't put it past her father to find out where we lived and show up at the doorstep. Now the news got out that we got married he probably smelled money... 

Colin had met the man after Vera her grandfather had died, and he was helping her with the funeral and things like that. He said the guy was a real piece of work and his wife and step kids were even worse. They felt so entitled to that house it was ridiculous. They tried everything to get it. Even taking her to court.... 

After hanging up with Colin i called my lawyer to let him look into a restraining order if it ever would become necessary. I was not taking any chances. 

I walked back into the bedroom and smiled at Vera who was asleep and i just prayed that this was the only time we would hear from her so-called father... I just sighed thinking how lucky i had growing up with a loving family and that i just wished her grandparents were still alive to give some advice... I just hoped and prayed that her bio mom would not come out of the woodworks to... I just wanted Vera to have the happy family she dreamed of without the drama of her so-called parents... 

I crawled next to her in bed and pulled her in and like she always did she cuddled into me. Even in her sleep she would always find me. I smiled kissing the top of her head. "Dont worry gorgeous i will do everything in my power to make your dreams come true..." I whispered.

It was the next day and after talking with Vera about what happened yesterday and telling her what i had asked Colin, we decided to let it rest for now hoping the message would come through and they would leave us alone. We wanted to concentrate and be the day about the genders of our babies. Ma would come with us, and she would get the envelope with the genders, and she would be in charge of the gender reveal party... We told her not to go overboard and keep it small and nothing that would say boom... 

"Are you ready to go?" I ask smiling as Vera is putting on some perfume. She nods and smiles. She looked at me and chuckled. "You know we are not going to find out today right...?" She said walking over to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. "I know..." I said letting out a sigh. "It is okay to change your mind... We can find out today if you really want..." She said smiling softly at me.  "No gorgeous... I have not changed my mind... Have you?" I ask her and she blushed. "Maybe... but i know your mom is excited for this and i dont want to take this away from her... But can we ask her to not wait too long with the gender reveal?" She whispered and i laughed. "You were hoping i would say i had changed my mind were you..." I said grinning and she blushed even harder. "You sneaky little..." I said and kissed her hard and she giggled. 

We drove to ma to pick her up and made our way to the doctor. Ma was smiling all excited when the doctor called us into his office. He did his checkup first and told us everything was going good making Vera smile and let out a sigh. Then did the ultrasound and i had to hug ma as tears came down her cheek as she got a bit overwhelmed by seeing her future grandkids. This set Vera off and i now had to comfort two women and keep my composure myself. The babies had grown so much. The doctor checked the monitor to see if he could see the gender...  When he did, he printed it out and put it in the envelope. He handed it over to ma who was glowing and smiling so happy that she could do this for us. 

Vera and i were just happy to have seen our babies again and being told they were both doing great. We took ma out to dinner after and i just smiled as they were talking and laughing. They got along so well and i just couldn't believe i got this lucky. I know that part of why ma loved her so much was because she didn't care about the whole glamour side of my life and that showed into the ring. It also showed in the fact that she would absolutely not relent on the i want to pay my fair share part. 

"Are you okay handsome?" Vera asked smiling at me pulling me out of my own thoughts. "I am good, gorgeous..." I said smiling and we ordered dinner. I chuckled as Vera was looking at the food she had ordered with a twinkle in her eye. When we were out filming all, she talked about was the pasta of this place so seeing her so happy now with it made me smile. "What?" She asked as ma and i were looking at her and she blushed. I shook my head. "Just happy your happy..." I said and ma smirked at me. "I wonder if you still think like that if she sends you out for ice cream at 3 in the morning..." She said laughing. "Oeh ice cream..." Vera said with a twinkle in her eyes and ma laughed even harder... I chuckled and Vera smirked at me. "Dont worry Lisa Chris is great... I couldn't wish for anyone better... You raised him right." She said and i blushed. 

After dinner we dropped ma off at home and she said that she already had arranged a lot for the gender reveal and that i would be Saturday. We thanked her and took off. "Chris...?" Vera said in a sweet voice batting her eyes at me. "Can we go by the store for ice cream..." She whispers and i laugh. "Sure..." I said kissing her hand where the wedding ring was.

The next few days we almost called ma a few times to just tell us, but we managed not to by distracting ourselves. But today was the day we were going to find out what we were having and i was excited and hyper making Vera roll her eyes at me numerous times but with a smile on her face. 

We got in the car and drove to ma and we both looked shocked at the number of cars parked around the house...