Chapter 91

Vera pov...

"So how are you?" Scarlet asks as we are having lunch at this little bistro in town. "I am good..." I say smiling. "Tired but good... This is the first time i been out without the girls... I just hope Chris dont burns the house down..." I say smirking. Scarlet laughs. "No i am just kidding he is great with the girls." I say smiling. "How are you?" I ask her and she nods smiling. "I am good..." She says smiling.  

"I heard your father showed up..." Scarlet says and she looks at me worried. "Yes... He did..." I say letting out a sigh. I explained everything to Scarlet. "He really is a piece of work..." She sighed and i nodded. "What scared me the most is that he wanted access to the girls... Like he was all of a sudden going to be grandpa of the year..." I sighed and Scarlet nodded. 

"I said i wanted to sell the house... So, it was no longer a point of discussion, but Chris told me i shouldn't as it is the last connection to my grandparents..." I said letting out another sigh. "He is right... Besides it won't help... He will then say you owe him the money you got for it, or he finds something else to be obsessed about..." Scarlet says and i nod.

"I just hate it... I want peace... We are getting this massive fence and gate around the house and going out alone with the girls has me on edge... I am not scared of him but i just dont want to see him... I dont want anything to do with her anymore..." I said and Scarlet nodded. 

"So, tell me... You said you needed my help with something?" Scarlet says changing the subject. I nod blushing. "I... I need a dress... I stupidly promised Chris to go with him to the premier... and i dont know what to wear..." I sighed. Scarlet smirked. "I can help you with that..." She said and her smile got bigger. 

We finished our lunch and Scarlet dragged me with her dress shopping. I sighed as it tried dress after dress, but nothing was to my liking. "This is no use..." I said feeling frustrated. "Here try this one on..." Scarlet said handing me a dark blue shiny dress. I walked into the dressing room and put it on. I sighed and looked in the mirror and to my surprise it looked decent... "This will have to do..." I said and walked out of the dressing room. Scarlet face lit up and i blushed. "You look amazing..." She said and i looked in the mirror again. "It looks nice..." I admitted. "I guess i am just nervous for this premier..." I said. "You are going to do great... You will look amazing... And Chris is going to love showing you off now he finally has a date to bring to these type of things..." She said smiling and i smiled back. 

"So, are you and Chris going to make a little trip out of it? Just the two of you?" Scarlet asked and i shook my head. "No, we are taking the girls with us... Janet and Lucy offered to watch the girls during the premier." I said and Scarlet looked at me weird. "What?" I said. "I would have thought you would leave them with Lisa... You know make it a little romantic getaway..." She said.  I sighed and shook my head again. "We are not..." I said and Scarlet looked at me intently. 

"Look... Everything with Lisa is good now but after everything what happened and my father roaming around somewhere.... Well i dont trust her enough yet to be sure she would not let him near my girls..." I said and Scarlet looked at me a little shocked. "I dont think she would do that... I think she would have learned her lesson..." Scarlet said and i took a deep breath. "I know she is sorry... But what is she lets him see the girls..." I said and Scarlet walked over to me pulling me into a hug. "I dont think she will... She won't risk losing her family again..." Scarlet said and i shrugged my shoulders. 

"Chris had brought it up as an option... He looked a bit disappointed when i rejected the idea..." I whispered with tears in my eyes. "Maybe you should talk to her..." Scarlet whispers. I nod and give her a little smile. 

I changed out of my dress and went to pay. I said goodbye to Scarlet who drove back to New York. I sighed i stepped into my car. I sat there not moving. I know Chris was looking forward to having some alone time and although he understood my reasoning, he was disappointed... 

I sigh and start the car driving to Lisa's house. I pulled into the driveway and got out of the car and knocked on the door. The door opened and Lisa opened the door smiling. "Vera... This is a nice surprise..." She said stepping aside letting me in. "I was wondering if you had a minute to talk..." I said as she walked in front of me to the kitchen. "Of course, do you want some tea?" She asked and i nodded. 

I sat down at the counter while Lisa made tea. "So, what is up..." She asked as she put the tea in front of me. I took a deep breath. "As you know Chris and i are going to the premier of his new movie..." I said taking a deep breath and Lisa nodded. "Chris wanted to make a little trip out of it... just the two of us... and wanted to ask if you wanted to watch the girls..." I said softly and Lisa face lights up but quickly her face drops as she looks at me. 

"But you are not sure because of everything what happened..." She whispers looking guilty. "I am sorry i know you have given me no reason to... But i just needed to talk to you and i wanted to hear it from you... If the girls stay with you... Will you promise me that my father will not come near them..." I said looking at her. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Sweetheart i promise..." She whispered and started crying. I sighed and walked over to her giving her a hug. "You have no idea how sorry i am for everything i put you through..." She whispered. I sighed as i held her letting her cry. 

In that moment i knew i needed to let go of the past... and trust that she would respect our wishes. When i released her out of my hug i smiled at her through my own tears. "So, what do you say... Do you want to babysit the girls for a few days..." I said wiping away my tears. "I would love that..." She said smiling wiping her own tears away. 

After staying with Lisa for a little bit longer i drove back home. I walked through the front door and smiled as Dodger came running up to me. The rest of the house was quiet. After giving Dodger some cuddles i walked into the living room and smiled. I chuckled the house was a mess and Chris was asleep on the couch with the girls on his chest... Both asleep.  I took a quick picture as it was adorable. 

I carefully took the girls from him one by one and put them in their crib. I then walked back to the living room. I took a blanket and cuddled into Chris letting out a sigh. He wakes up and panics a little bit making me giggle. "I put the girls to bed..." I whisper and i can feel him relax. "Did you have fun with Scarlet..." He murmurs and i nod... "Found a dress for the premier..." I whispered and he kisses the top of my head and i can feel him smile. "I also stopped by your mother..." I whispered and Chris moved and i looked at him. "We had a talk... and i uhm... Well, the girls are going to stay with her..." I said blushing and Chris his face lights up. "Really?" He says with the biggest smile and i nod. "Really..." I whisper and he pulls me in for a kiss...