Chapter 100

Vera pov...

I watch Chris struggling saying goodbye as we are helping our oldest girls settle in at Yale. Nova was going to study English literature and Ava was going to study law... I was so proud of them both... and i had no doubt that they would succeed in everything they wanted to do. They had grown up way to fast and it felt like it was only yesterday when they were these little bundles of joy... and i was holding them for the first time...

They had grown up to be smart kind and beautiful women and i loved them so much. Chris was having a hard time letting them go... They were real daddy's girls... He was there for every major event in their lives. He did it all... He was really a hands-on dad... He helped with homework went to their games and taught them to drive... He listened to them when they were sad and never judged... He really made them feel like they could come to him with everything... Yes, he worried and sometimes was frustrated but never let them know that... We would talk about it when the girls were sleeping or out of the house... He was the one who comforted Ava when she broke up with her first boyfriend and he was the one who helped Nova when she had her first period... 

When Chris was filming, he would always call the girls at night and video chat with all 4. When the girls became of school going age, he negotiated in all his contracts that for every 2 weeks filming he would be 2 weeks off... Before that we always went with him... And we had a teacher traveling with us for a while, but we felt like the girls were missing out on making friends so after 1 year of doing that we enrolled them in school. They loved school and had lots of friends... 

And yes, there were some struggles... The girls learned that not everyone wanted to be friends with them because of the right reasons... Sometimes there were tears because of the fact that they only wanted to be friends because daddy was famous...  But when they became teenagers, they had established a great group of friends... 

This was also the time that Chris had gone completely grey because boys came into the picture... Chris was struggling with this but never let them know because he didn't want them to feel like they couldn't come to him as they had boy problems. But still when it came to boy problems the girls rather came to me... 

All 4 girls were close even though they had the natural fights and disagreements... And sometimes they would drive us crazy... Fights about toys... clothes and all that kind of stuff was not uncommon but when it came to it, they always were there for each other. 

But now they had turned into these amazing beautiful and smart young women ready for their next chapter in live and Chris was having a hard time... So was i but i was trying to keep it together... They both had gotten into Harvard and Yale... and if it were up to Chris, they had gone to Harvard so they could stay living at home... But the girls wanted to spread their wings, so they chose Yale... 

"We have to go honey..." I said smiling and winking at the girls as Chris was glued to the floor. If he could... he would have stayed. "We have to get home to Sky and Star..." I said smirking. Nova and Ava hugged their dad and after that me. We told them we loved them so much and to call whenever... 

"Are you okay?" I asked Chris as we walked hand in hand back to the car and he nodded. I stopped him and smiled pulling him into a kiss and he smiled. "Sorry i am such a cry baby... It is just i am going to miss them so much..." He whispered but i shook my head and cupped his face with both hands. "Never apologize for that... You are going to miss them... I am going to miss them to... It is okay to feel emotional about that... But they are amazing women and you have had a hand in that... The love you so much..." I whispered and he smiled nodding. "I didn't do it on my own... They take after their mother..." He said and i smiled.