Chapter 82

Chris pov...

The doorbell rings and i smile as Scarlet, Colin, Janet, Lucy and my family walks in with boxes full of decorations. I greet everyone and we get to work. My phone dings and i smile as i get a picture from Vera with Seb and Mackie all smiles. 

I text her back and put my phone away and help setting everything up. I smile at the pink balloons everywhere and i laugh as Dodger is chasing one through the house with Scott running after him to save the balloon. 

We were just about ready when Seb texted that they were on their way back. "Do you want us to hide for the surprise?" Carly asked but i shook my head. "No... Dont want her to have a scare..." I said and Carly nodded. 

Seb texted that they pulled into our street and i walked out the front door to meet her. The car pulled in and i smiled. I opened the car door and held out my hand for Vera to take while Seb and Mackie walked into the house. 

"What is going on?" Vera said after i kissed her. "I have a surprise for you..." I said smiling. "Did you have fun?" I asked as we walked into the house. "I did... Learned a lot of new things about you..." She said giggling and i groaned. "I knew it was a mistake having you go out with them..." I said letting out a sigh. Vera laughed and i opened the front door. 

I walked her into the living room, and Everybody yelled surprise. "What is all this..." Vera said looking around the room with a surprised look on her face. "A surprise baby shower..." I said and she looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. "Thank you honey..." She whispered kissing me. She turned to the others and smiled. "Thank you all..." She said smiling and i let her go to greet everyone. I smiled watching it all unfold and chuckled when Janet and Lucy, both hugged her looking her up and down telling her that she was glowing. 

Seb, Mackie and Colin came up to me smirking. "Are you ready to become a dad..." Colin said patting my back and i chuckled. "I think i am..." I said. "You two are going to be amazing parents... Can't wait to see you juggle 3 women..." Mackie said laughing. 

"First smile... First word... First steps... First day of school... First date... First boyfriend..." Seb said smirking. "Dont forget first period... and god forbid if they sink up..." Mackie said and they all three laughed as i groaned. "I have sister periods i can deal with... Dating not until they are 30..." I said and they both laughed. "Goodluck with that..." Mackie said. 

"All jokes aside... You are going to be great... We are really happy for you... You have a good one... and finally everything you ever wanted..." Seb said and i smiled. I watched Vera laughing with the rest as she showed them pictures from the ultrasounds. 

The rest of the afternoon was spend playing games and eating cake and just catching up. Seeing Vera smile and be happy made my day. She and my mother were laughing, and Vera didn't even mind people touching her belly as the girls were kicking. She loved feeling the girls move even when it hurst sometimes... 

"Time for gifts..." Scarlet said and everyone stood up to get their gifts. I walked over to Vera, and we sat down on the couch together she cuddled into me and pulled me in for a kiss while everyone was preoccupied. "Thank you... Sweetie... This is amazing." She said waving around. "Were you surprised?" I ask and she nods. "I had no idea..." She said and i smiled proudly. "I wish i could take all the credit... But Scarlet arranged everything, and everyone helped to set up..." I said and she smiled kissing me again. "I love it all..." She whispered.

"I especially liked the cake..." She said smirking. I chuckled and slowly but surely everyone got back in and sat back down again. 

We unwrapped the gifts one by one... and thanked everyone. Vera cried after opening ma's gift as she had made 2 blankets for in the crib and telling us that after the girls would be born, she could embroider the names on them. 

All of a sudden Seb and Mackie stood up and told us to wait as they would get their gifts. They walked back in with a big rocking chair. We looked shocked and i stood up helping Vera up after. 

"We made this together..." Seb said and Mackie nodded in agreement. Vera hugged them both and cried. I teared up myself at the fact that they made the time for this even though they both had busy filming schedules. "Thank you it is beautiful..." Vera said trough her tears. I nodded and hugged them both. "Thank you..." I said lost for words. 

"Try it out momma..." Mackie said and took her hand while Seb held the chair still and she sat down smiling. I imagined her holding one of the girls rocking back and forth and smiled.

Scarlet and Colin had gifted us all sorts of books to read to the girls and my family had gifted us a big basket with baby clothes, toys and all sorts of things you needed for babies. Lucy and Janet had brought these 2 enormous teddy bears. 

After the gifts were all opened, we decided to all have dinner together. So, we ordered dinner and ate together and after everyone had helped to clean up, they all went home. 

After we had waved everyone off, we went inside. "I'll go for a quick walk with Dodger..." I said smiling kissing her. She nodded and pulled me in again kissing me passionately. "Thank you for today... I loved every moment..." She whispered and we kissed again. "I am glad..." I whispered. 

"Can we just relax in bed?" Vera whispered and i nodded. "I'll be right back." I said and i called over Dodger and went for a quick walk. I walked back in, and the house was dark. Dodger and i made our way to the bedroom and i chuckled as Vera was already in bed sound asleep. She had been on her feet all day and was probably exhausted. I put her shoes and dress away that she had just dropped where she had taken them off and together with Dodger i crawled next to her.