Chapter 30

Vera pov...

We are waiting for Chris his doctor friend sitting in the waiting room of his clinic. I have to admit it looks good... But i dont know this man... I dont know nothing about him... Is he a good doctor? Is he nice... Is he patience... Is he to be trusted...? I know Chris trusts him... and i trust Chris but still... I am bouncing my leg up and down as anxiety sets in...

"You okay..." Chris asks pulling me out of my thoughts taking my hand in his lacing his fingers with mine. I nod looking at our hands as he plays with my fingers. "Just dont leave me alone please..." I whisper. "Never gorgeous..." He says smiling and kissing the back of my hand. "I will never leave you gorgeous... You are stuck with me..." Chris says smiling cupping my face kissing me soft and sweet and i close my eyes enjoying his touch. 

"Everything is going to be okay gorgeous... Jason is a good guy and remember if you dont feel comfortable just say so... He won't be offended... He is used to that as a male gynecologist... He gets it if some women rather have a female doctor...  His clinic has other Doctors... I know him through Carly... He is her doctor... We became friends after she had given birth to her oldest... We both work with Christophers haven..." Chris explains which makes me feel a bit better knowing that Carly is also his patient and how bad can he be if he works for that organization. 

"It is just me knowing Jason makes it that he can arrange appointments around opening hours giving us more privacy..." Chris whispers letting out a sigh. "I know... And i know it will be okay... I am just nervous i guess..." I whisper.

"Evans!!!" A man says loudly walking up to us with a big smile on his face. "Jason..." Chris says with a smile on his face and they hug. Jason than looks at me. "And this must be the famous Vera Chris can't stop talking about..." Jason says pulling me into a hug catching me by surprise. I look at Chris as Jason hugs me and he blushes. "I am Vera... The fact that he is talking about me... Well, i will take your word for it i guess..." I say smirking at Chris who blushes even more. 

Chris takes my hand as Jason says to follow him to his office. He tells us to sit down and smiles at us. "So, tell me what we are doing her today..." He says looking at me. "We are pregnant... I think..." I say softly feeling a bit unsure of myself. "You think?" Jason asks and i nod. "I took 4 tests at home, and they all came back positive... So yes, i think..." I whisper blushing. "4 tests huh..." Jason says smirking. "Well let's just do one more..." He says handing me a cup and he points to the bathroom. 

I try to pee but nothing... I sigh and sit on the toilet waiting. My mind wanders thinking about babies... Chris with babies and i can't help but smile at the idea... His reaction to my news was better than i ever could have hoped for... I dont know why i was so scared... I knew he wanted a family preferably a big one... But my own fear took over, i guess. 

Somewhere deep down inside i had already given up on that idea... Having a family... My own family I think smiling to myself. My only fear now was how his family would react... What if they were not happy... What if they thought it was too soon for which i couldn't blame them. It was not planned...  Finally, i am able to pee and i fill the cup and i walk back to the office...

I come back into the office and Jason takes the cup from me and does the test. I sit down next to Chris who immediately takes my hand again. After a few minutes of chit chat with Jason he looks at us smiling. "Well congratulations you 2... We have a start of the big Boston family Chris is always talking about..." Jason says and Chris blushes. I chuckle as Chris takes my hand and kisses the back of it. "Our own little family..." He says with tears in his eyes looking at me and i cup his face giving him a sweet kiss. "Our own family...." I whisper.

"Shall we see if we can see your baby and figure out how far along you are...? Do you have any idea yourself?" Jason asks and i blush... "My last period was about 10 weeks ago... So, i think no more than 9/10 weeks..." I whisper... "I have been busy and stressed... I never noticed not having my period..." I whisper ashamed for not noticing sooner and Jason and Chris seem to pick up on this. "It happens more often than you think..." Jason says smiling. "It's okay gorgeous..." Chris reassures me kissing my temple.  

I lay down on the table and Jason sets up his equipment.  He does his thing and Chris and I look at the screen while Chris holds my hand kissing it over and over... "Well, you are right... you are about 9 weeks along..." Jason says smiling at me and Chris before turning back to the screen. 

Jason is quiet for a few minutes as he keeps moving staring at the screen and i feel myself getting anxious. Why is he not saying anything?  Something must be wrong... Of course, something is wrong... How could i think i could have it all... How could i ever think that it would be easy... I just have to prepare myself for the bad news... For the disappointment... At any moment he was going to tell us that the baby was not okay... That there would never be a baby... That i was going to lose our baby... Chris would be disgusted with me, and he would tell me to go back to New York... That he does not want anything to do with me... 

"Something wrong...?" Chris asks with the same anxious look as i have.

Jason turns to us and takes a deep breath...