Episode # 22: His possessiveness

Episode # 22: (His possessiveness)

"Scarlett is the daughter of dad's friend. Her dad knew about our family background, and even Scarlett accepted us the way we are. I and Scarlett got married four years back. My so-called uncle was behind her from the first day of our marriage. You know when I got to know about him?" Sebastian asked Swara, who shook her head.

"The day when he stabbed her, I was not here, and he took that opportunity as a chance to rape her. Mom and dad were also not here as they went to meet my sister in France. My uncle was drunk that day, and that's why Scarlett got able to save herself and called me," Sebastian continued.

"I was coming back but got late by a minute or two. I entered the house at the exact moment when he stabbed her. He was caught, and I got to know that one of my trusted men helped him. Scarlett kept quiet because she didn't want dad's relationship to get spoiled with his brother. However, she didn't realize that by doing that, she was saving that bastard. People like him should not roam freely. They should rot in hell," Sebastian said.

"Nathaniel was a premature baby, and with difficulty, he got saved. However, doctors couldn't able to save Scarlett, and she slipped into a coma. Today after a year, I've heard her voice. I know rape or harassment is the only crime where the victims are held guiltier more than the culprits. However, you girls should understand that you have to stop hiding things when you have a family who will support you in every means," Sebastian's words did nothing, just made her guiltier.

"I'm not here to embarrass you or make you remorseful, but I don't want you or Sanskar in the same place where we were a year before. It was hard to see her like that, but there was nothing I could be able to do. I'm glad she is awake, but the hell I faced, I don't want anybody else to go through that. My son was away from his mother, she couldn't able to hold him the moment he was born. I couldn't able to see her smiling face every day," Sebastian said.

"I know you were blackmailed, and in some way, you were right. But it's not that you didn't get the opportunity to tell your family about that. We all have to encounter some bad phases in our lives, but it's just we have to take decisions wisely," Sebastian continued.

"If now also you are confused, then think what might be his condition if you'll be in Akash's custody without Sanskar or your family's knowledge? Do you think he would have treated you well? You are just prey to his ill desires. Men like Akash would never miss a chance to rape women, even if they were their mothers, sisters, wives or daughters. These people have nothing except the sick mentality," Sebastian exclaimed.

Sebastian knew that his words were harsh, but he wanted to give her a reality check. He got up when he found her lost in her thoughts. His words have affected her, and he knew soon she'll realize her mistakes.

"You take rest, and in the morning, tell them everything," Sebastian exclaimed and picked Nathaniel carefully. Swara looked above and found him already gazing at her. "Thank you," her feeble voice fell into his ears.

"You are a family just like Sanskar," Sebastian said and left with little Nathan in his arms.

Swara took a deep breath and looked at her hands in her lap. Her mind was full of negative and positive thoughts. She had many questions running through her mind, i.e., how to tell them everything or what they'll do after coming to know the entire truth?

It's hard to relive those dark moments again, but whatever Sebastian said was true. The way he had suffered, she doesn't want her family or Sanskar to suffer in her wildest dreams.

Late at night:-

Swara opened her eyes when she felt someone's presence in her room. She tried to get up but failed, and a feeling of panic filled her heart. She always had a fear of only one thing, and that is sleep paralysis (Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep).