Chapter 103

Logan had no idea what time it was. It had been raining all day and, even now, grey clouds covered the sun.

It had been an exhausting day. Not only had Logan been awake for over a day, but he'd been with Pat for the entire day.

Patton. He still couldn't get used to that.

He'd been with Patton the entire day. First, there had been an emotional (if slightly awkward) reuniting with his royal parents. Patton refused to call them his real parents, he insisted that they and Roman, Remus and Virgil were equal in that sense.

Then, they'd ventured into the forest to retrieve a very annoyed Sampson. Logan had nearly fallen asleep on the ride back. The relief at finding Patton was alright had taken all the energy out of him.

Now, they were exploring the gardens. Well, Patton was exploring. Logan was strolling alongside, smiling fondly, feeling warmth spread through his chest whenever he looked at the other prince.

"Lo! Lo!" Patton waved his hand excitedly. "We've got white roses! Look at the roses!"

Logan smiled and joined Patton to look at the roses. He looked more at Patton than the roses.

Patton was inspecting the roses with such focus, his eyes bright and alive, lips slightly parted. Yes, he'd make the perfect prince. He had the passion, the attention, the want to help people.

And if he needed any political help? Logan would always be there for him.

Patton took Logan's hand and pulled him down the path, all in a rush.

"We don't need to rush, you know." Logan said gently. "It's your home. You can spend as long as you want out here."

"I know, I know but..." Patton trailed off with a shrug. He looked up at the clouds. "You know, I used to hate the rain." He said suddenly. "Because once it kept me from you. Just after we'd decided to try courting, as well." Patton ducked his head but Logan could see his face flame pink. "Now, I love the rain. You know why?"

Logan shook his head. "I can't possibly begin to think right now." He said candidly. He brain was like mush from hours without sleep.

"Because it brought you to me." Patton said. He looked down at Logan's hand, clasped in his, and hesitated briefly before pressing a kiss to it.

Logan's brain stopped working all together then. The warmth in his chest turned to a burning feeling that spread up to his face. It didn't hurt, it just burnt with intensity. He was blushing.

Patton looked up at him. "You okay?"

"Yes." Logan said quickly. "Never better."

Patton nodded and looked back at the garden. Logan stared at his shoes.

He'd backed out of asking once. He wasn't going to be a coward again.

"Pat?" He asked quietly. He half hoped Patton wouldn't hear him. Patton turned his head to looked back at him. "I, um, well, I..." Logan laughed at his own inability to say four words. "I was, um, I was wondering... Oh Hell."

"What's wrong?" Patton stopped walking. He turned Logan to face him, taking both his hands. He squinted up into Logan's face. "Lo, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Logan said, perhaps too quickly. He took a breath to calm himself down. "Really. Nothing's wrong. I just..." He squeezed Patton's hands gently. "Can I kiss you?"

Patton's mouth fell open in surprise before curling up into a brilliant, sunshine grin. "Of course!"

Before he could back out of it, Logan leaned forward and kissed Patton. Jesus Christ, he'd never done this before. Was he doing this right? He had no idea.

His brain seemed to be having trouble forming ideas at this point. Everything felt jumbled and giddy. It might've been the lack of sleep, it might've been the fact that he was finally kissing Patton and he hadn't chickened out and Patton was kissing him back.

Patton was kissing him back. That thought made him slightly weak in the knees.

Patton laughed suddenly and pulled back, his nose bumping against Logan's. He shook his head and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Logan asked, quickly trying to regain composure. He let go of one of Patton's hands to flatten his hair.

"Nothing, nothing, honestly." Patton laughed. "It's just... God, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"And then what?" Emily was sat forward in bed, eyes wide behind her round glasses as she stared up at her dad.

Logan shrugged and glanced up at Patton. He was leaning against the doorway, a smile pulling away the worry that was almost always constant on his brow.

"And then," Patton said with a small jump, "they lived happily ever after."

Emily slumped back against her pillows, blowing a raspberry. "That's it?" She sighed. "Dad, you promised me a true story!"

"Hey, this is a true story!" Logan contradicted. "It's the story of how me and Patton met and fell in love."

"Ew! Daddy," Emily whined, "dad promised me a true story. This wasn't real!"

Patton let out a surprised laugh. "And who says?"

"Logic!" Emily said in a fantastic impression of her dad. "Magic isn't real! Sleeping curses aren't real."

"Really?" Patton shared a glance with his husband before walking over and sitting down on Emily's bed. He held out his hand.

"See that?" He gestured to a small black dot in the middle of his palm. Emily nodded, running a pudgy finger over the dot in wonder. "That's the mark the spindle left when the evil nightmare man made me fall asleep. You know, I wasn't meant to wake up." Emily stared up at him. Patton nodded. "But then, your dad saved me. And that's the value of true love."

Emily wrinkled her nose. "I still say true love's ew." She mumbled. "And magic isn't real."

"Sure, okay." Patton laughed. He kissed her on the top of her head. "Now get to bed. Your uncles are coming over tomorrow."

Emily gasped. "Uncle Remus, yay!" She squealed before snuggling down in bed. She tried to yank the covers up to her shoulders, glaring at Patton. Patton laughed and stood up.

"Night, Em." He said, brushing some hair away from her forehead.

"Night daddy, night dad." Emily chorused as Logan blew the lantern out.

Patton shut the door quietly behind him. He giggled. "She gets that from you, you know."

"Gets what?" Logan pushed his glasses up his nose. Patton stood up on his tip toes and pressed a kiss to Logan's cheek.

"That unerring logic."

Logan smiled. "If it means she meets someone who treats her as well as you have I," he took Patton's hand, "I don't think we need to worry about that."

AND DONE!
Okay, wow. They kissed. Finally.
I am never going to write anything as long as this in my lifetime and that is a promise to myself. This took so much out of me, wow
Bye,
Blaize