S E V E N T E E N

S E V E N T E E N

Or maybe this is danger and he just don't know
You pray it all away but it continues to grow
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella was laughing softly at the joke King Viserys made, dropping her fork and hiding her mouth behind her hand. It was one of the rare nights where he joined their shared evening meal, instead of dining with the Hand in his solar. Even without speaking, his breath was laboured and he was wearing a golden mask that hid most of the right side of his face. Daella wished her mother would hurry with her arrival, because things weren't looking well.

Aegon suddenly jolted at the table, drawing curious glances from the rest except for the Hand, who was calmly staring ahead of him, a slight smirk on his face. The oldest son was not particularly drunk tonight, though still tipsy enough to stumble ever so slightly as he stood up from the table. Daella's blue eyes followed him curiously as he made his way over to Helaena and bent down, offering her his hand.

"Dance with me, my wife," Aegon said, and though Daella had to resist the urge to kick him in the knees at his commanding tone, Helaena's voice lit up as though she had just been granted the best gift. She took his hand gracefully and followed him to the floor where Heleana and Daella had danced many a time already.

Curiously, Daella turned around and watched as the couple danced across the floor. The contrast between the two of them couldn't be greater, with Helaena radiating joy and wearing a great smile and Aemond looking like he'd much rather be passed out underneath some table and sulking at every step. She wondered why on earth Aegon had asked his wife to dance if he despised it so clearly, but as soon as she caught the pointed look the Queen sent her other son, Daella had a gist.

Doing her best to hide her smug smile as she heard Aemond clear his throat and turning around to face him, Daella's eyes wandered up. Aemond was looking at her pleasantly enough, holding out his hand as he towered over her. "May I have this dance?" he asked, his voice so soft that only she could hear it.

Daella pretended to think it over, not bothering any longer to hide her thorough amusement at seeing the man in front of her waiting for her reply. "I am not sure, my shoulder still aches terribly and-"

Aemond simply grabbed her hand and pulled her up from the chair, almost dragging her to the floor. The musicians changed to music with a slower pace and at the realisation, Daella watched as the two brothers shared looks of uncomfortableness. No longer able to contain her amusement, she giggled out loud.

Instantly Aemond's eye was fixated on her face and with his hand on her waist, he gracefully spun her so that her back was to their audience. "Do you think this is funny, hmm?" he asked, looking down at her.