F I F T Y - F I V E

F I F T Y - F I V E

But with my double vision, how was I supposed to see the way?
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

That afternoon there was no possibility to escape and the evening didn't fare much better. Both Daella and Helaena put on their best shows, laughing at the stories told by old Lord Tully and raising false toasts to the health of the heir, but Daella's grip on her knife was strong and the urge to cut everybody even greater. They were supposed to leave tomorrow and so Helaena thought it was a good excuse to retreat to their chambers early in the night. Daella wholeheartedly agreed and to their apartments they went, only to find that the lock had been turned on the other side almost instantly after entering.

"I think I can see torches," Helaena said suddenly, looking anxiously over her shoulder. She was standing near the window, her hands placed on the stone sill and her body leaning slightly over. "They are still many leagues away, but I fear it is uncle Daemon."

Daella jumped up from the bed she'd been lying on and moved to take the place next to Helaena, her blue eyes staring out over the dark green lands surrounding Riverrun. After gazing for a hot minute and squinting her eyes, she could make out something in the distance too and the cold fear clenching her heart indeed confirmed that it was probably Prince Daemon and his troops.

"I think so too," Daella muttered, raising a hand nervously to her face. Biting on the inside of her lip, she tried to cook up a plan that would ensure the safe escape of both her and Helaena, but the simple fact was that old Lord Tully had thought a lot better about this than Rhaenyra had when she had bid Daella to come to Dragonstone.

Just as Helaena was about to open her mouth, the doors to their chamber opened and Lord Tully staggered inside, supported by Maester Tommen. There was no need in hiding her disgust now that the Tully's had gone over to their plan of imprisonment and with matching expressions of revulsion, the women stared at the old man.

"You can go, Maester Tommen," Lord Grover said once he was seated at the oak table in the middle of the room. He gave the Maester a dismissive wave of the hand and the young man retreated with a fearful look at Daella and Helaena. "These women will not do me any harm."

"I would not be too certain about that, old man," Daella said as soon as the door was closed. Her voice was icy cold and despite there not being any need for keeping up appearances, she folded her hands behind her back and straightened her spine. "I have an urge that has been festering for quite some hours now, and it tells me to set you on fire."

"You have my support, Queen Daella, First Queen of Westeros and Three-Headed Dragon," Lord Tully spoke, his words slow. He was staring at her with his glazed-over eyes, his hands folded in his lap. "I stand behind you and His Grace King Aemond, First of His Name."