T H I R T Y - N I N E

Open-eyed, burn the page, my little dark age
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

When Daella made Silverwing walk into the cave where Vermithor was waiting in an obvious state of unrest, her blue eyes fell on Aemond. He was leaning against the wall of the cave, twirling a dagger in his hand and glaring with fury. The ride back to Kingslanding had calmed Daella down somewhat, allowing her to recollect her thoughts and think over the things that had happened, but the sight of her husband sent her tumbling into another frenzy of panic.

"Silverwing is hurt," Daella said to the Shepherd chaining her dragon as she climbed down the ropes. The Shepherd nodded and immediately his milky eyes started to scan the beast for any wounds. "A spear scratched the soft scales of her inner leg."

"Disappear," Aemond said, his voice dangerous and low.

Immediately the Shepherd bowed deeply and scurried off like a mouse about to be caught by a cat. Daella wanted to turn around, but before she was able to do so, Aemond grabbed her by her shoulders and pushed her roughly into the wall. His hand was resting at the base of her throat, his fingers not clenching sufficiently to hurt, but enough to keep her locked in place. She let out a gasp of surprise, her fingers shooting to Aemond's hand in an attempt to pry it away, and she looked up at him with fear.

Aemond was staring down at her, his eye ablaze with anger and betrayal. "Tell me right now that you did not go to see your mother," he said, his voice barely audible. The grip of his hand on her throat increased and shuffling her feet awkwardly, Daella pulled at his fingers a little harder. "Tell me, right now!"

"Aemond," she whimpered, feeling the tears jumping in her eyes once again. "You are scaring me."

"As I should, Daella," he replied gruffly. "Now, did you go to Dragonstone?"

Daella's eyes flickered to her dragons behind her, both moving uneasily at the sight of their rider being threatened. "You are hurting me, my beloved."

"Am I?" Aemond asked, tilting his head to the side. "Or did you just plan my downfall with your mother, my meek little wife?"

Tears were escaping Daella's eyes freely now and feeling like everything was slipping through her fingers, she stopped struggling against Aemond's fierce grip and started sobbing loudly. That reaction seemed to surprise Aemond as much as it did Daella and evidently snapped out of his trance, Aemond pulled back his hand hastily at the realisation that he was hurting the woman he was supposed to protect with his life. Instantly, Daella felt every ounce of strength leave her body and she would have sunken down the wall to the ground, had Aemond not grabbed her by her waist in time.