F O U R T Y - F O U R

Now I'm sleeping in the backyard
Passing out as light turns into day
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

There was no fighting the smile coming to Daella's face at the sight of the great Eyrie coming closer, the home of her youth. Urging the Cannibal to fly harder still, she leaned out of her seat to admire the castle and the people walking in the yard below. As soon as the shadow of the three mighty beasts fell upon them, the inhabitants of the castle looked up in surprise, exclamations leaving their mouths. Daella smirked and circled the castle twice, before sending Cannibal down.

"Good boy," she said softly, patting the black-horned monster on his flanks. Undoing the clasps of her saddle, Daella looked up at the sky and watched Vermithor and Silverwing flying in circles above. She took a deep breath and recollected her mind, before finally climbing down Cannibal's wing and ordering the mighty beast to take flight again.

Folding her hands behind her back and straightening her spine, Daella let her gaze wander over the yard, a sad smile coming to her face upon seeing a new Master-of-arms bowing deeply in her direction. In her heart, she still cherished the lessons ser Elseham had taught her, before Aemond's men had killed him so cruelly. Pushing away the grief she had overcome a long time ago, she redirected her eyes to the doors leading to the Great Hall, through which the Lady Jeyne made her way, Lady Jessamyn in tow.

"Your Grace," Lady Jeyne said, curtseying deeply before walking closer to Daella. She was wearing a green dress, with a golden band around her waist and her dark hair flowing unbound over her shoulders. The Maiden of the Vale had not changed in the slightest during Daella's absence and the thought brought a smile to the latter's face. "I had not expected your presence, or I would have prepared a grand feast to welcome you home, my Queen."

"Oh, stop it, Lady Aunt," Daella said, a grin breaking through on her face. She closed the distance between her and the woman who had brought her up, throwing her arms around Lady Jeyne's neck and pulling the woman close. Resting her head on her aunt's shoulder, Daella closed her eyes and simply enjoyed her presence. "I have missed you and I have missed the Eyrie."

Lady Jeyne pulled back and grabbed Daella's face between her hands, scanning the younger's girl appearance. "You left my home a bastard and a girl and you return as a married woman and the first Queen of Westeros," she said, placing an urgent kiss on Daella's forehead.

Daella chuckled and motioned with her hand to the three dragons circling the Eyrie. "And with me come three dragons."

"Am I under siege that you have brought these grand beasts with you?" Lady Jeyne asked, a smile coming to her face. "Should I call for the knights of the Vale?"