F I F T Y - N I N E

F I F T Y - N I N E ,  A E M O N D

I thought I'd uncovered your secrets, but turns out there's more
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Aemond found that whenever his lady wife was away from him, no matter whether she was the one travelling the realm on dragon back or he was the one, time passed at a much slower and boring pace. Though he had spent the first three weeks in the Eyrie and the last three travelling through the Vale with two thousand knights on horses and another eight thousand archers and men-at-arms at his back, and not a day had been spent leisurely, his mind remained occupied with Daella. He knew of her restlessness and sometimes he wondered whether he made a mistake, leaving her at the Red Keep at the request of his mother instead of having her by his side during battle. Lady Jeyne had been bold enough to say it out loud. 

Though he had no great love for the Maiden of the Vale, he could understand why Daella would appreciate the woman. There was no need to play the game in her presence, for she spoke plainly and expected others to do the same. Aemond found it was a welcome change from the continuous act he had to perform at Kingslanding. 

They would arrive at Harrenhal in a few hours' time, having travelled through Darry only moments ago and he had received word that Princess Rhaenys had joined the Lannister host in the march to Riverrun. He did not trust either Princess Rhaenys or Lord Corlys, but with their granddaughters residing in the Red Keep, Aemond was not afraid of getting played. Besides, he knew that their son, Laenor Velayron, had been slain, supposedly at the hand of his lover, but it had played out conveniently for his half-sister, who had married Daemon not four days after the funeral. Aemond did not put it past Lord Corlys, nor Princess Rhaenys to cherish a grudge in patience and silence. 

Hearing the crack of thunder above him, his violet eye flickered to the sky and a slight smile came to his face at the sight of the dark clouds merging together. The taste of rain in the air reminded him of the night his nephew had dared to visit Storm's End and he had finally gotten his justice. Aemond had considered killing Lucerys instead of merely taking his eye, but not wanting to go down into the history books as the aggressor of the war, he had resisted the urge. Jacaerys would not be shown the same mercy. 

He flew Vhagar close to the column, knowing that by now his uncle was informed of his march from the Vale. Aemond hoped that it was not only Daemon who awaited him at Harrenhal, but also Jacaerys. This meant that it would not only be easy to take Riverrun from the Tully's, it also offered Aemond the chance to end his nephew. Daella had promised that Aemond would look for him first on the battlefield, after all.