E I G H T E E N

E I G H T E E N

Say I wouldn't care if you walked away
But every time you're there, I'm beggin' you to stay'
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella laughed as she soared through the sky, Silverwing flying on her left side and Helaena atop Dreamfyre on the right. The two women shared a look and Daella send Vermithor skimming over the sea, sending up a spray of water in Helaena's direction. It was the first time since her accident that she had flown again and the strain it caused in her shoulder was not bad enough to be called pain, but annoying enough for Daella to shift her weight every other moment.

She could hear Helaena squeal over the sound of the wind and the beating of the dragons' wings, and bemused, Daella rose up in the air again. She had gotten wet herself as well, but the look of betrayal on Helaena's face was absolutely worth it. Helaena sent Dreamfyre flying into Vermithor's side and Daella urged her old dragon to go faster, the beast obeying with a huff that meant he would do anything if at the end of the road there were some treats in it for him.

The thrill of being able to travel the skies at a speed that was nauseating didn't become less over time. Daella felt just as out of breath, her chest heaving, as she had done the first time, and the sight of the clouds above and the sea below, an equal distance removed from each other, still made her sigh in awe. 

Dreamfyre was smaller, but younger, and easily caught up with old Vermithor, Helaena offering Daella a big grin. "We must return," she yelled, her voice barely audible. "The evening will fall soon."

Pouting slightly in disappointment, Daella nodded, sending Vermithor in a wide arc back into the direction of Kingslanding. After her conversation with her mother and Daemon, both of them assuring her part in the betrothal to Aemond, Helaena had found Daella pacing the corridors of the Red Keep lost in thought and offered to go on a ride with the girl. Daella had instantly agreed, for with Helaena in her company, she was allowed to go just about anywhere.

Daella made Vermithor land in the middle of the yard in front of the Dragonpit, making the dragon walk inside before dismounting. Performing the trick she had stolen from Aemond, she walked down his wing, instead of climbing down the ropes. She gave the animal a loving pat on the shoulder and asked the Shepherds in High Valyrian to treat him to an extra pig this evening. After allowing Silverwing to nuzzle her hand and giving the she-dragon an equal amount of attention, Daella followed Helaena in the direction of their carriage. 

They filled the ride back with funny stories and laughter, both of them a mess from their escapade, and once back at the castle, they went their separate ways. Already, Daella's maids were awaiting her with a steaming bath, which she soaked in gladly to wash away the briny seawater. Afterwards, she was dressed in a black gown with details of golden metal around her waist and sleeves that touched the ground.