F O U R T Y - T H R E E

I took your heart
I did things to you
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella smiled down at the twins, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera, sitting to her left and gobling down slices of buttered bread. Shifting the young Maelor in her lap, she wrapped an arm across his belly to keep the struggling boy from falling down or crawling on top of the dinner table, she  looked across the table to Helaena, who was playing with the appetisers in a completely absent-minded way. There was the soft sound of music in the background, as well as the chatter between Aemond, his mother and his grandfather. They were talking of things Daella knew she should listen to, possible attacks coming from Dragonstone and the need of securing more allies, but it was all everybody ever seemed to be able to talk about ever since her coronation. 

Her blue eyes flickered to her left hand, her pink and ring finger as well as the back of her hand bound in stark white linen. In the past three weeks, the wound had started to heal nicely, with flesh and skin growing back on the said place, though it looked far from appetising. The first couple of days the Maesters had applied a healing creme every morning and night, but after watching thoroughly, Aemond had taken over from them. Daella had chastesised him, saying that she could do it herself just as well, but her husband had simply ignored her and she was certain that a part of him liked taking care of her. Despite all the loving care in the world and the Maesters trying all sorts of therapy, Daella had lost sensation at the place of the wound and feared that it would be that way for a long time, if not always. 

Still, she thought it was a fair trade. She would opt for the partial loss of feeling in her hand in exchange for the Cannibal any time, as well as prices more costly. 

"Food!" Maelor suddenly exclaimed. His round face lit up with joy and he held out his hands as though he could grab the food from the plates as the servants brought them in. 

Daella looked up as well, watching the trays with red meat and cooked vegetables as they were placed in front her. Her eyes flickered to the roasted potatoes and despite feeling a feeling of queasiness, she heaved a couple of parts onto her shared plate with Maelor. Holding her cousin with one arm, she used her good hand to cut the potato in smaller parts and grabbing one piece, she first pressed it against her lips to check the temperature, before offering it to the eager boy in her lap. 

Feeling the stare of Aemond, who was sitting next to her, burn in the side of her face, Daella turned around and looked up at him with a questioning expression on her face. On his face was the perfect mix of a smirk and a smile and longing for an answer as to why he was goggling this time, Daella rose one eyebrow in query. Aemond merely shook his head and fixated his attention on his own food, causing Daella to roll her eyes and do the same.