F O U R T Y - F I V E

Against your morning skin
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella enjoyed her time at the Eyrie, watching from the bridges to the yard below together with Lady Jessamyn whenever her Lady Aunt was occupied with the tasks thrust upon her as Defender of the Vale. Despite the weeks flying by, Daella was looking forward to Aemond returning from Storm's End, hopefully successful in securing the Stormlands. Lord Boremund, who had ruled before Lord Borros, had been a firm supporter of Rhaenyra and though a son did not have to be like his father, Daella couldn't help but fear for Aemond's safety. She also knew that an alliance was not always secured in a matter of days and that Lord Borros would likely spend some weeks hunting and sparring with the King, but now that a moon had turned again she would like to lay her eyes upon the face of her husband once more. 

"How are you feeling today, my Queen?" Lady Jessamyn asked as she walked the tower bridge to Daella. She inclined her head towards the younger girl, before resting her forearms on top of the balustrade and looking down at the yard as well. "Are you still experiencing morning sickness?"

Absentmindedly, Daella's hand wandered to her stomach, the smallest of bumps already showing, and she shrugged slightly. "The Maester gives me a potion every morning and night," she said. "He says it will keep both me and the child strong and it should help with all sorts of symptoms, such as my sickness, but Maesters say a lot of things all of the time."

Lady Jessamyn chuckled and turned to look at the younger girl standing next to her. "When was the night of the wedding, Your Grace?"

"Almost three moons ago already," Daella said, smiling softly. 

"Then it should not be long before your morning sickness will pass," Lady Jessamyn replied. 

Daella hummed softly in reply, hoping that the woman was speaking the truth. Thus far, the secret of her carrying child had remained between her, Lady Jeyne, Lady Jessamyn and the Maester of the Eyrie and the two women seemed more delighted by it than Daella herself. It wasn't that Daella wasn't happy at the prospect of being with a child of her and Aemond, but right next to her excitement there was an ever-present feeling of dread and fright. Rhaenyra would be busy waging war against Daella and the crown, rather than helping her daughter through this new chapter in her life, and Daella did not know to who else she could turn. After all, the only mother figure in her life was Lady Jeyne, but staying at the Eyrie for the remainder of her pregnancy was not an option. 

Heaving a big sigh, Daella turned to look at Lady Jessamyn. "I fear that now is not a good time for a child to be born," she said softly. "The realm is trembling at the prospect of the war and I have no one to guide me through this experience."