T W E N T Y

T W E N T Y

Thread is ripping
The knot is slipping
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella chuckled at a joke Helaena made over some type of spider and hid her smile behind her hand. Thus far, the dinner was going well. The King had opened it with a speech about the necessity of a united house, of creating lasting friendships and alliances by intertwining the families and of a night filled with peace and love. He had taken his golden mask off as well, and when Daella had seen the sight of his empty socket she had swallowed audibly. It was not as much the sight of it that horrified her as the memory of her beloved ser Elseham, who had been slain by Aemond's hedge knights almost two moons ago.

Daella's eyes flickered to her plate, a pout coming onto her face at the realisation that she had eaten all of her roasted potato bites and when she looked for the tray, she found that it was empty too. A disappointed sigh escaped her mouth, until she noticed Aemond shoving his plate in her direction. They were sitting at the end of the table and Daella looked at him questionably.

"Take them," he said softly, his eye flickering to the roasted potato pieces on his plate.

A grateful smile came to her lips and she pricked one of the bites on her fork, looking up at her betrothed. "Thank you," she said genuinely, even though she had a slight feeling he was only keeping it up for appearance's sake. Not that Daella really minded, because now she had a great excuse to steal his potatoes and enjoy them herself.

"We could ask the chefs to prepare more, Princess," Otto Hightower suddenly commented, raising an amused eyebrow.

Feeling like a small child caught eating forbidden sweets, Daella looked up, her cheeks colouring red. "Oh, thank you, but that will not be necessary," she said after quickly swallowing the bite. "I think I shall be just fine after this."

Suddenly, Rhaenyra rose from the table, holding her cup high in her hand and looking at the Queen. "I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father, but I must admit that no one has stood more loyally by his side than his good wife," she began, nodding gently along her words to emphasize their importance. "And for that, she has my gratitude and apology."

Daella was surprised to see the sincere expression of gratefulness on the Queen's face, who raised her cup as well. "We are both mothers and we love our children," she said affirmatively. "We have more in common than we sometimes allow. I raise my cup to you and to your house, for you will make a fine queen."

Following the rest of her family members, Daella rose her cup and took a small sip from it afterwards. Her eyes flickered to Aegon, unsurprisingly very tipsy already, and the way he neared Baela and Jacaerys to pour himself some more wine. Though she could not hear the conversation, she was able to tell from the frown on her brother's face that it was another one of Aegon's petty jests. Apparently, it was so vile, that Jacaerys slammed his hand on the table and rose from his chair, earning the attention of everybody at the table.