T W E N T Y - N I N E

The skyline falls as I try to make sense of it all
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella stood in between Helaena and a member of the Kingsguard on the dais, her eyes gliding over the many people which streamed into the Dragonpit. In front of her, The Dowager Queen and the Hand stood, and behind her, more members of the guard, as well as the High Septon. The smile, which she had forced upon her mouth, was starting to cause an ache in her muscles and for the tiniest of moments, she dropped it. Aemond was nowhere to be seen and she had not spoken to him since they had returned with the news of Aegon's disappearance, obviously occupied with the position he was about to gain.

"Beware of the beast beneath the boards," Helaena muttered softly, looking exceptionally distracted.

Daella turned to the girl that would soon be her sister in relation as well and who had radiated joy at the news of Aegon's leave like no other. "What is it, Helaena?" she asked in a whisper, moving closer to her.

"Singer of dragons she will be, for she will tame the beast few have lived to see," Helaena continued, her voice distressed. The woman was staring at the wooden planks she was standing on, her hands shaking and her legs trembling. "And after the gold touches her head, many will come to know her and her mighty beast's dread. With the price paid in blood and ignorant bliss, she might just end a war of thunder and bloodshed before it begins. "

"It's okay, sister," Daella said quietly, grabbing Helaena's hand. She gave it a gentle squeeze, trying to get the woman to look into her eyes. When at last their gazes met, Helaena seemed to snap out of whatever trance she had been in, offering Daella a kind smile, and letting out a relieved sigh, Daella returned her attention to the Hand.

"People of King's Landing," he began, raising his voice loud and clear. "Today is the saddest of days, for we must not only say goodbye to The King's and the Queen's firstborn son, Aegon Targaryen, who was found early this morning in his bed, having passed at night, but also our beloved king, Viserys the Peaceful, is dead."

Daella thought there must be hundreds of thousands in the Dragonpit, and yet, she could hear a pin drop at the delivery of the news. Not late thereafter, however, a low murmur of surprised whispers could be heard and she let her gaze wander over the many people.

"Yet it is also the most joyous of days, for as his spirit left us, he whispered his final wish," Otto Hightower continued, easily overvoicing the hum of the crowd. "That one of his sons should succeed him and, with the tragic passing of Aegon still hurting our hearts, this shall be his second son, Aemond Targaryen."

Once again there was the confused buzz of people talking among each other, but it was quickly overruled by loud applause from just about every citizen. Daella felt a rush of pain in her heart, that the people who had claimed her mother to be the Realm's Delight would forsake her so quickly. Trying her hardest to hide her dismay, Daella let her gaze pass over the jubilating crowd, until she froze at the sight of pair of familiar eyes, sticking out from the thousands surrounding it. Hidden among the people was the Princess Rhaenys, her grandmother, and Daella could feel a satisfied smile tug at the corners of her mouth.