S I X T Y

S I X T Y ,  H E L A E N A

Oh my heart
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

By the time Helaena arrived at Harrenhal, the battle had been going on for some time. Below her, she could see many men moving to and from the castle, brandishing swords and banners and resembling a colony of black garden ants. There were also those who had been slain already, strewn over bridges and rocks, blood tarnishing their armour. Helaena thought those men still looked like ants, but fire ants in this case. Though she had no knowledge of the battle, she could see that those who flew the banners of House Arryn were definitely on the winning hand and a gentle smile came to her lips at that conclusion. 

Princess Rhaenys had remained with the column of Lannister soldiers, afraid that Daemon might leave Harrenhal and set fire to the lion army on the way, while Helaena had flown on to Harrenhal to support her brother. She had expected Vhagar to be fighting Caraxes and Vermax on her own, but blinking the rain from her eyes, she realised that the green sea of fire lighting up the castle was coming from the Cannibal. 

"Go on, sweet girl, go to the Cannibal," she ordered, gripping down on the reins of her saddle. Worry clenched Helaena's heart as she rode closer, afraid that Daella had joined the battle and that she might have wounded herself, but then she noticed that the Cannibal was acting on his own, spraying fire at the Blood Wyrm right in front of her. "Drakarys, Dreamfyre."

Despite the fire, Daemon was flying right at Helaena and feeling a wave of rage crash over her at the realisation that this man had intended to trade her and Daella like a pair of dirty boots, she bent her body close to Dreamfyre's and made the she-dragon duck straight at the castle below. As soon as Caraxes had flown overhead, Dreamfyre rose again, going straight for the cover of the dark deck of clouds. 

Helaena was drenched from the moment she touched the first cloud and despite the coldness, it reminded her suddenly of the first time she had ridden Dreamfyre with Daella. Pushing away the memory, she urged Dreamfyre so high that they ended up above the clouds, where the air was hard to breathe but where there were no signs of storm. Helaena found it awfully peaceful and it formed a stark contrast with the act of war going on below. 

Her violet eyes searched the clouds for the frames of Vhagar and her brother, while being on her watch for Caraxes or Vermax as well, when suddenly the ancient beast broke through the cover of clouds with a loud groan. A smile of relief came to Helaena's face at the sight of her younger brother sitting safely on top of his dragon, but that smile faded as soon as she noticed the much smaller Vermax right at Vhagar's tail. She screamed a warning to her brother, but the crack of thunder echoed through the sky and drowned out her voice.