S I X T Y - O N E

S I X T Y - O N E 

All the secrets
And no one to tell

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella was not able to hide her surprise at the sight of Maester Helliweg entering the Small Council's Chambers and ignoring the sea of memories crashing over her, she rose from her chair and regarded the old man with delight. Other members of the Small Council had not yet arrived and so there was no need for Daella to hide her enthusiasm at the old man who had taught her all she knew. 

"Maester Helliweg," she greeted him, walking in his direction. "Why has Lady Jeyne sent you to the capital, is something wrong?"

"Your Grace," Maester Helliweg said, bowing deeply and grabbing her hand to press a chaste kiss on it. "Is it Mellara Rivers, Mya Stone or Daella Targaryen, my Queen?"

"The latter, Maester," she said, chuckling softly. She motioned with her hand to the chair left of her, the seat Lord Wylde usually took during meetings. "It is a delight to see you in such good health."

"Do you truly find it a delight, my Queen?" Maester Helliweg asked, adjusting the links of his chain with a bemused expression on his face. He looked up, his old eyes twinkling with excitement over their shared memories. "You did not regard your lessons quite the same way back in the Eyrie. I still remember you arriving with your clothes stained and a frown on your face, and if I am not mistaken, I have heard you call in the halls that you would not increase your pace with the hopes that I had already decayed in Lady Jeyne's solar by the time you arrived."

Daella had the decency to look down at the table, a blush coming to her cheeks at the memories of her other life. Knowing that the old Maester was only teasing, she looked up again and smiled. "Well, I think your ears must have betrayed you," she said. "I would never speak such vile words."

"There are a hundred of thousands of books in the Citadel, but outside of it I have learned that a woman is never wrong," Maester Helliweg said, offering Daella a boyish grin despite his age. "Much less the words of a Queen."

"Truer words have not ever been spoken, Maester" Daella replied. Chuckling, she motioned one of the cupbearers over and watched as the young boy filled her cup with honeyed wine and the Maester's with wine. After a short toast, Daella took a sip and watched the Maester with interest. 

"Still, there is only a small matter which does need to be addressed," Maester Helliweg said, looking over his cup at Daella. "I always find titles rather pesky, but as it turns out, I am now Grand Maester Helliweg, instead of merely Maester Helliweg. Whatever that may imply."

Daella's eyes grew wide, the smile on her face growing. "How?"

"Lady Jeyne thought it wise that there should be at least one person on your Council who would support you entirely, my Queen," Grand Maester Helliweg said, a coy smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "How fortunate that some of the Archmaesters at the Citadel still owed her a favour or two."