Chapter 23- Secret Plans

"Well?"

"Beth.."

"Derek, I'm serious. I want the truth."

"The truth is... Sadie has been, flirting... A lot. So I've been trying to avoid her."

"Define a lot Derek." Bethany looked down in disappointment.

"She's tried kissing me more often, cuddle.. And She offered.. No not offered... Suggested. No that sounds bad too. She said.. Oh god. She said that we should hook up. But I swear I turned her down and it didn't mean a thing" Derek tried to grab her hand.

"If it didn't mean a thing then why didn't you tell me!" Bethany angrily said.

"I-I... I'm sorry babe. It just-"

"Do you have feeling for her?" Bethany cut him off.

Derek stood there in shock.

"What!?! No! This happened today!"

"Then why didn't you tell me about everything else! You've always acted weird about me when Sadie was there. I always thought it was the whole, ballroom dance is an intimate thing, but no. It's something else. Would you rather be with her?" Bethany asked once again now started to tear up.

"No Beth. I love you. Sadie is my dance partner who has mixed up feelings or she's crazy."

"Then why does something not feel right here?"

"Babe what are you talking about? I love you and only you!"

"Sadie's beautiful. And she's got everything that I don't have. Maybe you should go be with her.." Bethany looked away letting tears slide out of her eyes.

"No Beth! Are you mental!! You are my perfection. Every beautiful girl could be standing in front of me and all I could look at is you."

"Then what is going on with us!"

"Nothing is wrong!" Derek bend his head back in frustration.

"Something is wrong Derek.. For the past few weeks I just felt something off. About you or us.. I thought it was cause you were lying to me about something. Like you were hiding something..." Bethany started to explain sitting down onto a chair.

What she didn't know is that Derek was playing with the black velvet box in his pocket..

"For a little while, I thought you were gonna propose. Then I realize, it was a birthday present.." Bethany took a breathe. "And now you tell me the truth and.. Something still doesn't feel right." Bethany looked down at her lap.

"Baby.. I love you. And I know this is hard. But you and I.. Us, were. We're right. I promise. Listen, I know I've screwed up a lot in my life. Hell, I've screwed up a lot in this relationship. But I know one thing I didn't nor will I ever screw up. Is somehow managing to get you in my life."

"I need sometime to think... I'm gonna go stay at Roxie's for a few nights." Bethany got up about to pack a small bag.

"No. Last time you left. I'll go. But Beth?"

"Yeah?"

''Promise your not breaking up with me right this moment. Just please give it a few days. I'm going to fix this. Just don't tell me when I walk out that door that we're over. And that this is all temporary."

"This isn't temporary. This is a trial... Until I can figure out what's going on."

"Ok..." Derek agreed grabbing a few of his things then heading out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah.. So she thinks the big secret is Sadie trying to slut it up with you!! So she kicked you out? The real secret should be causing you guys to be all lovey dovey not you staying here for a few nights!" Mark exclaimed throwing a pillow and blanket at his best friend.

"I'm more than aware of that Mark." Derek hissed.

"Why didn't you just propose! New York is now out of the question. You know you have to do this in LA. And soon!"

"I know. I have an idea. I just need the time to put it together."

"Ok.. How much time? Cause I mean, I love you man. But BC Jean and I need some alone time. And also, I can't stall Bethany in rehearsals for much longer."

"Can you give her Tuesday off?"

"Why?"

"Trust me." Derek looked with begging eyes.

"Derek... We're half way through the competition. We need to rehearse."

"Oh god damn it just give her the day off! The sooner he pops the question the sooner he leaves. No offence Derek." BC came in.

"Thank you B. SEE!!! You have to give her the day off!"

"You better damn hope she picks up the week 7 cheography fast!"

"It's Bethany! You guys will be fine!"

"Why didn't you just ask for her hand in marriage right then and there!" Mark asked.

"I didn't think using Sadie as an allibye would blow up in my face. And once I started. I knew it wasn't the right moment."

"Well you better make this right moment soon!

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days passed by, and the show is tomorrow. Bethany and Mark are just running through a few things in their salsa.

"Hey Beth?"

"Yeah?"

"Take Tuesday off. BC needs my help with something."

"Uhh.. It'll be week 7. Competition is getting hard. Don't you think..."

"Trust me. You and I both need a day off."

"Ok.."

"You aren't just telling me to take the day off cause you know we're getting eliminated tomorrow right?"

"What? No! No. I just think between everything going on with Derek and the insane work load I've been putting on you a good day off is what you need."

"Ok." Bethany nodded.

"Ok, let's run it from the pick up." Mark said grabbing Bethany hand..

Until a phone rang..

Mark's phone.

"Bethany can you see who that is?"

"Yeah sure." Bethany walked over to his bag.

"It's Derek..."

"Oh.. Take 5 I'll see what he wants." Mark grabbed his phone and went outside of the room.

Leaving Bethany alone.. Slightly confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other hand with Mark outside.

"Derek, I'm at rehearsals with Beth. Stalling her away from you as a thought as much as possible like you told me to, now what do you want!"

"I need BC to do me a favour!"

"What do you want from my girlfriend! We're already helping you plan this insane day! Hell, I got my cousin to hand pick that damn perfect flower arrangement. And Witney, Peta, Sharna, Roxie and Sasha are setting everything up. Which may I add 5 days is not enough to pull this off for average people!"

"But you guys aren't average. Come on Mark! Everything has to be perfect! I would ask Witney, Peta, Sharna, or Roxie. But their going to be busy making sure everything goes smoothly." Derek pleaded

Mark sighed,

"What do you need her to do?"