Chapter 38- Proud

"Bethany and Derek!" Tom announces

Bethany sighs of relief and immediately goes to hug Lea and Artem.

"Congrats babe." Lea whispered in her ear as they hugged.

"Thanks. You did amazing!" Bethany smiled.

"Kill it next week B." Artem smiled hugging Bethany.

"Thanks."

"Come on." Derek took Bethany into his arms as Lea and Artem's went down to centre stage for a final bow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the show ended, Mark, Bc, Witney, Val, Sharna, Bethany, and Derek headed out for dinner.

As everyone got seated Mark hobbled up using his crutches.

"Now even though I'm no longer Bethany's partner. I want to wish you the best of luck and know you have my support 101%. You have grown so much as a dancer and I couldn't be more proud. Though my name won't be on that mirror ball I'll still feel like a winner. To Bethany!" Mark raised his glass.

"To Bethany!" Everyone else chants.

"And VAL!" Bethany shouts. "He also made it into finals! He still might win that mirror ball!" 

Everyone one laughed.

"Awe Beth! Thanks love."

After a few minutes of simple conversation between the group the waiter came and took all the orders.

"So Bethany, Derek. When's the wedding?" Sharna winked.

"Next week." Bethany said with a straight face taking a sip of her water.

"WHAT!?!" All the girls exclaimed in shock.

"I'm kidding!" Bethany laughed causing light laughs among the group "You guys will be the first to know."

"We better be." Witney threatened.

"So how's the finale dance coming?" Bethany asked.

"Great. Peta and Derek's kiss really seals the deal." Val said smirking.

"Wait what.." Bethany looks over a Derek who had his eyes widened and his mouth hanging in an O shape.

"Me and Peta don't-" Witney cut him off

"It's a joke Beth."

Val and Mark bursted in laughter.

"Derek... Your face..." Mark said in-between laughs.

"I hate you guys.." Derek shook his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner Bethany and Derek headed home.

While the two were getting ready for bed a question popped into Bethany's head.

"Derek?"

"Yeah?" He said looking at his phone on the bed

"Are you proud of me?" Bethany looked at him through the mirror.

"What do you mean?" Derek looked up from his phone.

"Like if I didn't make it into finales. Would you still be proud of me? Are you happy with the Gene Kelly dance? Are you proud of me?"

Derek licked his lips and walked over to Bethany. He wrapped his arms around her holding her.

"Words can't describe how proud I am. It wouldn't of matter if we got eliminated. It won't matter whether or not we come home with a mirror ball next week. All that matters is my love for you and your love for yourself. I look at you and see this beautiful strong women who has the softest most gentle heart. And I love to do bits and pieces. And I hope you see the same thing. I know this season was hard. But we made it through."