Chapter 24- Week 6 (Latin Night)

"Hello America! Welcome to Dancing With the Stars! It's Latin night!" Tom said.

"Now before we start off the show. I just want to remind everyone here and at home that next week is our double elimination. So this weeks dances will determine the not one but two couples leaving next week. So get your votes in if you want to see your favourites. Now please welcome our couples!" Erin waved the camera over to centre stage.

"Janel and Val!"

"Bethany and Mark!"

"Jonathan and Allison!"

"Peta and Tommy!"

"Alfonso and Witney!"

"Sadie and Derek!"

"Cody and Julianne!"

"And Lea and Artem!"

"We're going to start the night off with Sadie and Derek dancing Derek's favourite style.. The Argentine tango..."

"Ok so this week we have my favourite!!" Derek changed his voice to a strange accent. "The Argentine tango."

"Let's do it!" Sadie clapped her hands together in excitement.

*Pans*

"And one two three four five six seven eight" Derek counts as Sadie tries to do the steps. "No no.."

Derek starts to walk around in frustration.

"What's wrong?"

"Somethings wrong and I don't know.."

"Well maybe I can help." Sadie said 'innocently' as she starts to rub Derek's back. Though the camera didn't pick it up. It was a very awkward situation.

*Pans*

"What's up man?" Mark asks.

"I don't know. I'm starting to question everything and I just don't feel focused. I don't know." Derek rubs his forehead.

"Like your stuck?"

"Yeah. This sucks!!!" Derek bent his head back.

*Pans*

"It's a little nerve wrecking to know that Derek's having problems with this dance. This is his favourite style and he is usually so focused. I don't know what his problems are out of the studio. But I hope their not getting in the way of things here."

*Pans out*

"Please give it up for Sadie and Derek!"

As they start their dance, Derek isn't the most focused. Though he is dancing just fine, Sadie is usually use to him counting the beats for her. Though this time he is barely humming. So she tries her best, but near the middle of the dance she misses a step. Making a bad comeback, she ends up a beat behind him which makes it looks a little messy. Luckily it was just for the last 3 bars or so.

As they hit their last pose in unison, the crowd claps.

"Alright, Derek and Sadie. Come on over!"

"Let's just hear from our judges. Carrie Ann?"

"Well Sadie. You had the right energy for this dance. It's latin week. One of the biggest things is that we want that chemistry between the pairs. And it just wasn't all that there for me. Derek gave you a pure Latin Argentine Tango. And if your chemistry was there I probably would've liked it a lot more."

"Alright, Len?"

"I've seen you do some amazing dances. And this was not the best. It just didn't have that chemistry like Carrie Ann said. But beyond that, you made a little slip. And sometimes you can recover form that. That slip I've seen numbers of times. Bethany did it. But she recovered. You didn't I'm sorry. But I'll be docking because that would've been an easy recovery. Don't get me wrong. It was a pretty great dance just until the end there."