Chapter 41- May I Have This Dance?

Two Days before the two day finale. Bethany had thought since the freestyle was so big. They would only have one number that day...

Boy was she wrong

"BETHANY!" Derek yells running into the studio.

"What?"

"I just found out our judges pick dance and we have 2 days to do this!"

"What dance is it?"

"The rumba from most memorable year you did with Mark."

"Oh.."

"It was Len's pick and he's coming in later so we gotta get going."

"Ok.." Bethany said agreeing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Len!" Bethany cheered seeing him walk through the doors.

"Hello Bethany." Len said as Bethany walked up to him and hugged him.

"Hey Len."

"Derek."

"So you picked the rumba."

"I did. Now I picked it not because it's your weakest dance. But I saw so much potential in this dance and it was almost there. It was earlier on in the competition so I'm hoping for more emotion, and more actual rumba content."

"Ok. We can do that."

"So let's see what you guys have so far."

Bethany and Derek did the dance as much as they had figured out since Derek hasn't done the dance.

"Ok great. Derek, do you think you could incorporate some more rumba content. Maybe add in a kiss? I don't want to take away from the concept. Mark got that spot on but I want some more rumba!"

"Ok. I can do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few hours and Len and Derek were just talking about the dance. This entire time Bethany was thinking how legendary Len is in the dance world and when the last time he actually danced was.

"Len?" Bethany asks.

"Yeah sweetie?"

"When was the last time you danced?"

"I don't recon I remember."

"May I have this dance Len?"

"Oh no I couldn't..."

"Oh come on Len. Just do a slow dance with her." Derek nudged as he turned on Story of my Life by One Direction.

Len took Bethany's hand and they started to dance. At first it was a simple swag then he spun her and made her feel like a princess.

Once the dance ended Bethany looked at Len and was shocked to see tears in his eyes.

"Len! Oh my gosh, what's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing. I just haven't felt like that in years.. I haven't dance like that in years."

"Well I'm honoured to be that lucky partner."

"And it's all on film." Derek said pointing to the camera.

"Thank you loves. But I should probably head out. Good luck." Len hugged Derek and kissed Bethany on her cheek before heading out.

"That was so amazing!" Derek wrapped his arms around her.

"It was a moment to remember.." Bethany smiled.

They two rehearse for a few more hours before heading home.

As Derek was driving Bethany was looking at her phone.

"Babe what are you looking at?"

"This photo of me and Len dancing..."

"You loved today didn't you."

"Yeah.." Bethany smiled, "Hey what do you want for supper?"

"I don't know.. What were you planning on making?"

"Sort of don't want to cook tonight babe. Can we order chipotle?" Bethany made her eyes widen and her lips pout. Leaning in closer.

Dangerously closer.

As the lights turned red Derek turned his head to kiss her and she looked away.

"Chipotle." Bethany smiled once again.

"Yes, we can order in. Now kiss me damn it!"

Bethany laughed kissing her adorable fiancee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Bethany and Derek got home, Derek had showered first. And during Bethany's shower. Derek had decided to make a little surprise. He grabbed some balloons and blew them up letting them hang from the ceiling of the living room. Then moved the coffee table, couch and lounge chairs to the size for more room. And played Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran on repeat.

When Bethany walked out of their bed room she was shocked.

"Oh my gosh! Derek what is this?" She covered her hand over her mouth.

"This. Is for you." He walks up to her, and if planned the song just started to play once again.

"May I have this dance?" He asks extending his hand.

"Of coarse." Bethany smiles at him and takes his hand.

The two hold each other close as they swag side to side with the occasional spin or dip by Derek always causing Bethany to laugh or giggle.

"Bethany?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." Bethany bit her lip.

"My life began when I first saw you. I looked at you. And something told me. Go talk to her you nitwit!"

Bethany laughs.

"Then time passed and we went on our first dance. I never told you this but, when I got home from that date. I called my mom and I told her, 'I think I met the one.' And then a year later I call her again and all I said was, 'I know.' The best part was my mom knew exactly what I was talking about." Derek smiled.

Bethany didn't say anything for a moment and just cuddled into his chest swaging. Listening to the lyrics,

People fall in love in mysterious ways.

Maybe it's all part of a plan.

But me I fall in love with you every single day. 

And I just want to tell you I am.

"This is the song?"

"What song?"

"Our song." Bethany said looking at him, "I know."

Derek smiled and leaned into kiss her.

And just as they both could feel the edge of the others lips...

The doorbell rings..

"Foods here!" Bethany laughs

Derek laughs as well still pecking her lips as he went to go answer the door.

5 minutes later Derek came back to the living room to see Bethany had turned off the music and started to watch Pretty Little Liars.

And for the rest of the night they laughed talked, cuddled, kissed.

And maybe some fun stuff after lights out. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So I have some news.

I'M ADDING EXTRA CHAPTERS!

This way it's not as rushed ahahhaha.

So there's still 3 chapters!!

Hahah!

xoxoo

love you all so much <3