2

Zhan ge, I'm sorry, I don't know why am crying. He uses his other hand to wipe my tears gently, and I melted into his touch.

It's okay baby, don't cry. I'm fine. He flashes his teeth and his smile was genuine, unlike mine that's fake.

What happened that made them transfer you here? Lawyer Yang asks, breaking our moment.

He removes his hand from my cheeks and puts it on top of my hand that is in his. It felt so warm. I miss this so much. I miss sleeping on his body. To listen to him talk. I swallowed the lump in my throat and raised my eyes. Everything is driving me crazy because I miss his voice. I pray I don't panic and pass out.

Zhan ge licks his lips and shifts in his chair.

"Well, they got new inmates and we that are on death row are transferred here," Zhan ge says, emotionless yet somehow having a dark tone in his voice. The sentence alone sends shivers down my spine and I trembled.

"That doesn't matter," Lawyer Yang says, sounding angry. You still have four years and they have no right to transfer you here without contacting either your lawyer or brother. I was informed yesterday and I called Yibo immediately to inform him too. We were scared, I thought you got into a fight.

It's okay, Mr. Yang. I don't care. Zhan ge scoffs and shakes his head while squeezing my hand. I'm fine really and I am alone in my cell. I cook and read books, it's not as boring as I thought, and no one has bullied me so far.

My tongue got heavy in my mouth all of a sudden, and another stream of tears rolls down my cheeks.

Wang, he turns to look at me. I'm still here okay and I promise I won't get into trouble but I need you to be strong for me, please. Zhan ge spoke softly and I felt my heart break all over again.

He squeezes my hand so gently and I could tell he was holding back tears. I wipe my tears and gave him the paper bag.

He can't take that inside, one of the guards spoke from behind us.

Can I have a bite? Zhan ge asks.

He just nodded.

It smells lovely and I trust it will taste great. Zhan ge teases.

He took a bite and took three more. It's delicious Zhan ge moaned as he chews the spaghetti.

How is the restaurant?

It's fine, doing very well. I employed two chefs and they're not disappointing me so far.

I took out my phone and showed Zhan ge pictures of our restaurant.

I love what you've done with the place. Zhan ge said snapping me out of thought. Someone I see every day now turns into someone I see once a week for thirty minutes. It breaks my heart to think about it, but I have to be strong for Zhan ge.

Do you like it?

I love it, Wang. I'm glad I have you. He smiles at me sweetly before the guard walks up to us.

Your time is up, he said harshly.

Oh, so fast. I mumbled.

Zhan ge chuckled and squeezes my hand. I will see you next week Saturday. I love you so much Yibo and please try to sleep. He squeezes my hand and I place my other hand in his hands and he squeezes both gently before he stood up. 

"He pulls me up and hugs me tight, It is difficult to breathe but I will give up anything to be in Zhan ge's arms forever.

He felt so warm and I winced when he pulls away. He kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear "please try and sleep" your eye bags are screaming under the concealer.