28

A couple of hours later, Yibo shifts in his sleep and opens his eyes. A crackle of lightning and faint sounds like trumpets sound in his ears. After a few moments have passed, a hulking being with iris-less eyes stands in front of him. Zhan looks at him for what feels like an eternity, and Yibo freeze in both awe and terror.

Radiant wings of light make Zhan look far more imposing. His slender and muscular body moves as if every move is calculated and is clad entirely in pure white. Yibo looks at his gentle face once more; no emotion is visible whatsoever.

Yiboo... Zhan calls his name.

Yibo raises his head, looking at him once more. As his vision cleared. A sudden shock-wave and complete realization kicked in. He stares at Zhan intently, an incredible sense of euphoria takes hold of him. Pure energy reaches for the sky.

Wang, can you hear me? Zhan asks, looking concerned.

All Yibo could see is a shining golden light, and a gentle, humming sound. He looks up at Zhan's face once more; a happy smile is visible.

Zhan ge, are you really here? Yibo asks in a cracked voice.

Yes, Boo I'm here.

Yibo wanted to stand up but Zhan pushed him back and he stood up cupping Yibo's face. Without hesitation Yibo pulled him down and kissed him roughly, taking everything in. Zhan kissed him back and after a few minutes, they pulled apart for air.

"Zhan gee... this is a beautiful dream. I don't want to wake up. Yibo whispered almost inaudibly but Zhan heard him.

I'm sorry to break you from this reunion but we have things to talk about. Cheng's voice boomed in Yibo's ears making him hiss in anger.

What is he doing in my dream? Yibo asks.

You're not dreaming, Yibo. Mr. Yang replied. Jolting Yibo up. The speed Yibo used to stand up from the bed was faster than lighting.

Zhan ge? Please don't do this to me. Stop playing pranks on me. I can't handle it. Yibo said flatly with streams of tears.

Wang, Mr. Lee called him as he walked to where Yibo was trembling and held his shoulders. Calm down and sit. I just found out yesterday and imagine how upset I was that they kept you in the dark.

What? He is alive? Zhan ge is not dead? But how, I was there. You were there. Yibo said almost in shock. Of course he is happy his Zhan ge is alive but how and why didn't he know about it?

Mixed emotions washed over him but mostly anger. He didn't know how but he found his fist on Cheng's face. Before turning to face Zhan.

"I'm extremely mad at you and you will pay for the pain you made me go through. But right now I want to know how it happened." Yibo hissed and sat on the bed.

Zhan just nodded in agreement.

Cheng rubbed his face, he and Yibo will definitely talk about this punch later but right now they need to talk and work together.

Cheng's flashback.
The man that runs the prison is my father's friend and let me just say his life is at my mercy so yeah, he does whatever I want. That was the reason you could see Yibo privately when I was running short of information. I was scared I'd meet dead ends and you won't be able to see Zhan again so I asked him to extend the days and hours. I didn't know I'd make an interesting discovery. A few months ago when I told you I'm onto something. I actually found out all about Xue Yang and where his parents had relocated. It was hard but I found their driver. With a lot of persuasion and a little secret of his own. He decided to help.

Xue Yang didn't die, I saw him once and I tried talking to him but Zanjin was hoarding him like a police dog. It was difficult so instead, I went to their driver for help. He refused blanty and then I did a little digging on him and boom I found a secret I could use. I told him all about it and he helped without hesitation.

He helped me get Xue Yang alone, we spoke and he didn't even know Zhan was sentenced. His parents and their lawyer lied to him about Zhan wanting to kill him because of what Zanjin's friend did to you. He promised to help us, but when his mother found out she wanted to take him out of the country, their driver informed me and I rushed there to arrest him but since I was not Zhan's lawyer they didn't let me do that, and that's the reason lawyer Yang had to travel that morning.

But how did you call Zhan ge? Your number was not reachable. Yibo asks curiously.

I used the driver's phone and made Zhan promise he wasn't going to run because I have good news. Cheng replied tiredly.

So, how did It happen? I was there that night, I saw him hang. Yibo asked, still traumatized by the sight of Zhan being hanged in front of him.

Our flight was delayed, and we were running late. I called Mr. Lee but his phone wasn't reachable. I figured he'd be with you so instead, I called the superintendent and he ordered the executioner to stop but it was too late, they had to cut the rope, and well, Zhan landed on his back and strained it but that wasn't the problem. He was almost dead so they induced him into a coma until he started responding. And before you send your fist flying in my face as you did for Cheng. We didn't want to tell you because we don't want you to go through the pain of losing him twice. He woke up yesterday and Mr. Lee found out. Imagine the shock and anger. Zhan asked after you and that was the reason I was there to get you. Mr. Yang sighed, feeling relieved.

Yibo still couldn't get over the shock. He just hopes this isn't a horrible nightmare and he would wake up to being the mourning Yibo. He shrugged it off and pinched himself so hard. It is real. "He isn't dreaming" Yibo stood up and just hugged Zhan on his chair and kissed anywhere his lips touched.

I want you to meet someone, Yibo. Zhan forced himself to talk.

How long will it take before his voice gets better? Yibo asks, looking at them.

In a few weeks at most Mr. Yang replied.

I can live with that, Yibo smiled and kissed Zhan.

The door swung open and a man walked in. Making everyone turn to look at him.

Dad? Yibo whispered in anger.