20

Their time out in nature was exactly what they both needed. Zhan especially as it was obviously the first time he had ever done something like this in years.

Once they had made it all the way around the trail and circled back to the car, Yibo started to not feel so great about it. He didn't want this to end. He didn't want to have to take Zhan back to prison and say his goodbyes.

"How much time do we have?" Zhan asks.

"I don't know," Yibo says sadly. "Is there anything else you wanna do?"

"I can't think of anything. As sappy as it sounds it'd be nice to just sit and talk or something," Zhan says.

Yibo nods in agreement as they each open their car doors and get in. "Yeah, that does sound nice."

And so, for the rest of the time they have. They talk about how much they love each other and how sad it will be when Zhan's gone, but most importantly they talk about happy things. They try their best to avoid sad topics because that's not what the day is about and they both know that and feel that.

An hour flies by as time does when you want it to be still and so reluctantly they prepare themselves for the dreaded ride back to the prison where they'll have to leave each other once again.

In the end, aside from the sad goodbye, Yibo was thankful for whatever forces helped persuade them to let Zhan out. Even if it wasn't some grand adventure, it was perfect to them, and that's all that mattered.

Yibo looked in the rear mirror and saw the patrol car that had been following them all day. "I will be right back, Zhan ge," he said and got out of the car.

Yibo walked to the car and tapped on the window. The driver rolled down the window and looked at him, questioningly.

"How long do we have before we drive back to prison?"

Until midnight, he said unamused.

Yibo's eyes widened and he squealed before running back to the car.

"I have a surprise for you and we have until midnight before we drive back to prison," Yibo said and buckled his seat belt.

The smile on their faces was undeniable, Yibo let Zhan select the music that blasted through the radio while they held each other's hands. Zhan was curious and wanted to know where they were going but Yibo told him it was a surprise. He just sat there and enjoyed the moments.

Yibo slowed down and parked in front of a convenience store. "I will be right back,'' he said and got out. He came out with a shopping bag and entered the car and drove into an estate, in no time he entered a building and parked the car and they got out. The patrol car followed and parked outside. Men are scattered in the compound as Yibo drags Zhan inside.

Wow, this is beautiful, Zhan says as he looks around. "Why did you bring me here?" Zhan asked, turning to face Yibo.

Zhan ge, remember how you said you wanted a two-bedroom apartment with a garden and a swimming pool?. Well, this is a four-bedroom apartment. I haven't stepped inside since the first time I bought it. But yeah, it's all yours. I only wish we were in different circumstances. Yibo said, as Zhan wipes away the tears from his cheeks.

"Thanks, but you shouldn't have wasted your money, Zhan says, leaning in and kissing him."

Technically, it is our money, money from the restaurant. Yibo said, deepening the kiss.

"Home sweet home" Zhan smiled.

"Yeah. But I don't even feel like this is home."

"I just feel like I'm struggling to find a rhythm without you. I'm trying but for the life of me I'm just coming up short," Yibo said as Zhan looked back at him. They were in the room, sitting on the edge of the bed eating fruits Yibo got from the convenience store.

"Maybe it's because you're trying too hard. Stop calculating everything. That's what's holding you back," he answered as he ran a finger up Yibo's arm. He took a bunch of grapes as he lay his head back.

Here I am feeding you grapes while we have until midnight. Yibo smirked.

"I could get used to this," Zhan said as Yibo scoffed. "Don't."

They both laughed as Zhan went back to staring at Yibo. "I wanted to marry you after school, before all this happened, you know," he said, turning serious. Yibo was dumbfounded and blind sided.

"What are you saying Zhan ge?"

"I'm just gonna be honest. I told myself you were happy these past thirteen years because you won't confide in me. You told me you were in love with someone so I stayed away until that someone was me. I couldn't pass up the chance. I couldn't lose you again. I know I was being selfish and leading you on a dead trail but I love you so much, it hurts. I craved your touch, want to know how your lips taste, want to be with you even if it was just for a little while. Even after a decade Yibo, I'm madly in love with you," Zhan said, inches away from Yibo's face.

"Zhan ge, that's a lot to put on me," Yibo said, not pushing him away. "Say it. I know you want to. I know you're debating whether you should. But we both know what you want to something. Say it," Zhan said, with his hand rubbing Yibo's arm.

"Zhan ge"

"Say it. Be honest with yourself."

"Let's run away. We would go somewhere far away. I packed a bag for us and I have cash. There's an exit through the basement and there's a car waiting to take us anywhere," Yibo found himself saying involuntarily without stuttering.

Oh, Zhan sounded disappointed. That wasn't what I was expecting but there are securities outside, and my ankle bracelet will alert them of our whereabouts, we won't make it far. Zhan said, pulling Yibo close to him.

You're not making any effort to get out of this situation. Yibo snapped.

Shhhh, we could go, but it's too early now. Let's make the securities comfortable. Zhan mumbled the last part and pulled Yibo into a slow tender kiss.

"The taste of Yibo, the smell of him, the feel of him so close against Zhan, skin to skin. Time and space had no meaning anymore. There was only him."

Zhan still knew his body. He still knew how he liked to be held. He knew how much pressure could send him over the edge. Yibo's toes curled because he had never felt this amount of pleasure making love.

Zhan's grunts were deep, ape-like. His pace and rhythm emphasised his intention. He was making love to Yibo, not fucking him. The outline of his body was more definite. More defined. His white skin gleaming with beads of sweat. He was as hungry for Yibo as Yibo was for him.

Yibo dug his nails into his back feeling his muscles flex on top of him. "Zhan ge!" He screamed and he knew what that meant. Lord knows he knew. Picking up the pace, Yibo could feel himself tense up. His eyes rolled to the back of his mind as he shot strings of hot cum on both of their chests with Zhan still exploring Yibo.

Within seconds Zhan pulled out, ripping the condom off. Yibo rushed him into his mouth and sucked all his hot seed effortlessly down his throat feeling Zhan spasm over and over, high in euphoria. When Zhan was all empty, Yibo stopped and kissed it. "You still know how I like being touched," Zhan said lying down on the bed.

"I'm not the only one who remembers," Yibo said, rubbing circles on his chest. A chuckle escaped Zhan's lips. "You are my first. I'll always remember."

I had felt so confused about where I stood in this mess. Yibo looked up at Zhan's daunting eyes. "But I will deal with all that later. Make love to me. I want more," Yibo said as he saw Zhan's pearly white teeth. "Without hesitation," Zhan said, kissing him slowly.

As Yibo drifted to sleep, Zhan sat up in bed. Picking up Yibo's phone he took a picture of him sleeping and sneaked out of the room and walked down to the kitchen. Made a video for Yibo and walked out of the house and entered the patrol car.

"Thought you'd make a run for it," Mr. Lee asked, wishing he actually did.

Zhan swallowed the lump in his throat. No, I... I promised Cheng I wasn't going to when he called to let me know I would be out for a day.

"Oh, he called?" Mr. Lee was surprised. Is he your friend?

Yes, I use to work for his dad in their quarry. Zhan said, his voice laced with tears. Mr. Lee could feel the sadness in Zhan's voice. And he wished Zhan had made a run for it.