27

This is the second time in a week he has visited the prison to collect Zhan's body but they told him his lawyer will contact him.

Yibo has been working nonstop, he doesn't want to think of anything. But the truth is, out of 100 percent of his thoughts, 99 are of Zhan. He has been dreading the day they will call him to come and pick up Zhan's body and he hates it despite going there.

He was busy and didn't notice when Mr. Yang walked in.

Wang, Mr. Yang called his name. He knows that voice too well, his rage skyrocketing, blood boiling in anger.

What do you want? Yibo asked flatly. He is tired of fighting, tired of getting angry about why his Zhan ge was taken away from him.

I need you to follow me to the hospital. Mr. Yang said sadly, understanding why Yibo is the way he is.

"Why should I follow you anywhere?" his anger rising again. Then he remembered Mr. Lee had told him he would be contacted by his lawyer to get Zhan's body. His body and shoulders dropped, slushing on the floor. Reliving the sad memory tears fall down his cheeks uncontrollably.

Wang, I will give you some time to get yourself together, I'll be in the car when you are ready. Mr. Yang said and walked out.

How could he be so heartless? Yibo thought. His heart beating so fast, he is scared of seeing Zhan's body. "He doesn't want to say goodbye, he can't say goodbye." He wailed in agony, after a while he collected himself from the floor, walked to the bathroom, and washed his face. Looking at himself in the mirror, he hardly recognized who was staring back at him. His hair has overgrown falling on his face, and his eye bags are so big and decorated in dark circles. His skin is pale and his lips are chapped. Merely looking at him you'd know something tragic happened to him. He shrugged it off and rubbed his wet hand over his hair and walked out of the studio.

Mr. Yang zoomed off and Yibo just wanted to pounce on him and strangle the life out of his body but he doesn't have the strength to do anything. He just stared blankly outside the window lost in thought. "After removing whatever they needed from his Zhan ge, will they stitch him back up nicely, will he still look the same?" he tried so hard to shut the thoughts off but they kept flooding his mind and now he regrets why he agreed to it in the first place when Zhan suggested it.

We are here, Yibo. Mr. Yang said and got out of the car. Yibo looked at him from the corner of his eyes and got down also.

With each step, he took closer to the hospital entrance. Half of his body felt numb while the other half screamed in agony. The sharp, burning sensation was all he could focus on. Yibo wanted to give up, there was no way he could keep going feeling like this. He gently rubbed his hands with eyes staring at them, trying to figure out a way to relieve himself of this pain.

As they entered the hospital heading to a private ward. Yibo's head felt heavier and heavier as each pulse of throbbing pain pounded his senses over and over again. What if there was no end to this pain? What if it got worse? These thoughts alone were enough to get his heart racing faster, never mind the pain itself. The road ahead was a tough one and right now he wasn't sure whether he was willing to walk it.

Mr. Yang stood in front of a door and yanked it open. Yibo stood there feeling thirsty and tired and sweat stains were clearly visible now, but he was determined to keep going. But sick of having to deal with all this. He decided to simply refuse to acknowledge the pain and get on with it to the best of his ability.

He slowly walked in, Cheng was on a chair by the bedside pressing his laptop. The bed was empty, it didn't look like a surgical room or a mortuary. Mr. Lee stood by the window, arms crossed on his chest. Anger was written all over his body.

If Mr. Lee is going to gloat and start giving him "the thank you" speech for allowing him to keep Zhan's heart. He is definitely going to punch him in the gut, including Cheng and lawyer Yang. At this point, he doesn't care if he is being arrested or sued for assault. He thought angrily to himself.

Yibo, please have a seat, Cheng said, closing his laptop and looking at him.

"Why the fuck should I sit down and what am I doing here" Yibo hissed in anger.

Yibo just sit, please. Cheng said calmly.

This doesn't look like a mortuary to me. He yelled at Cheng.

Still stubborn, huh? Can you just sit? And stop acting like a teenage girl on her period. Cheng said sharply, obviously getting irritated.

You don't fucking tell me what to do, Cheng. Where were both of you when I desperately needed you? When the fuck were you when Zhan ge needed his so-called friend and his lawyer. He turned to look at Mr. Yang and turned back to Cheng.

Wang, can you please calm down and just sit. Mr. Lee said flatly.

I don't want to sit, Mr. Lee, I just want to do what I came here for and get the hell out before I suffocate to death. Yibo replied with blank eyes. He is tired of crying, his eyes sting so much. He is also tired of people telling him what to do.

Is that too much to ask? He stared back at Cheng emotionlessly.

Boo? The voice sounded strained and low but he knows that voice even in his sleep. Turning to the direction of the voice. Yibo froze in his spot. How is this possible?

Z...Zha...Zhan ge........ Yibo managed to say before his legs gave out from under him and he dropped to the floor.