13

3rd persons pov

Once Zhan is back in prison, the normal routine of Yibo coming every Friday and Saturday starts back up again. Yibo Feels sad knowing that Zhan had to go back, he's thankful that he got to walk out of the hospital and go home, but he also wishes he could trade spots with Zhan.

Ever since they've gotten closer, way closer, Yibo has been having a warm and blissful honeymoon feeling. "The oh I'm so in love feeling."

Lawyer Yang has made a few comments here and there about it not being a good idea but Yibo told him over and over that he knows and he doesn't care.

It's obvious that once this ends, his heart will be ripped into a million pieces but he's going to enjoy the good while it lasts. Zhan needs him, and he needs Zhan.

Another two weeks go by, and Zhan and Yibo see each other. Every day Yibo falls more and more for him and every day Zhan shows more and more of who he is. The kind, empathetic, caring, and passionate about him.

Yibo Feels that the dynamic they share would probably be considered a relationship, one that's not quite platonic. He thinks that if he ended up doing something with someone else, it would feel like he's cheating on Zhan. That he's betraying him in some way.

Having a boyfriend on death row with only two months left until the execution date it's not what Yibo signed up for, but life threw him into it anyway.

"Mr. Han, you gotta start eating a little healthier. The doctor said your heart is weaker than it should be. Yibo said.

"It's fine, one burger isn't going to hurt me," Yibo. Mr. Han says, taking another bite of his greasy food.

"Yeah, but one almost every day along with fries and soda, it's not good for anyone, especially you."

"Don't worry about me, Worry about seeing your boyfriend," Mr. Han says as they pull into the prison's parking lot.

"Right. Of course."

Yibo gets out of the car and starts walking up to the entrance. Yibo Loves his Zhan ge more than anything. He's always been so accepting but also so loving and caring. Yibo would feel comfortable talking to him about pretty much anything.

As soon as he walks into the building, Yibo is met with the beige walls, tile floors, and the distant sound of men talking. He's always wondered why prisons are just so exceptionally depressing.

Yibo passes through the usual routine and waits in the waiting area. Half an hour goes by and it's time for Yibo to go. He signs in at the second entrance. Everyone should be in their cell. He doesn't think anyone would try anything anyway, he has been scared since Zhan incident. They are not psychopaths, well at least the ones that are, are in the mental ward.

As he makes his way through the halls, Yibo notices different parts of the walls are chipping off or scratched up. He genuinely doesn't think anyone could be here and stay in a healthy mindset. It's just impossible.

He gets to the door and knocks.

"Hey," Yibo says after hearing Zhan tell him to come in.

"What's up?"

"Bored, you?" Yibo asks, sitting down on the bed beside Zhan.

"Why? And nothing. Always nothing.

"What do you do to keep yourself entertained all day?" Yibo asks.

Zhan shrugs. "Well we have like rec time and lunch and work duty, but other than that I mostly read or exercise."

"Yeah? We should like get the same book and read it together or something," Yibo Suggest

"I mean, sure. You find it though."

Yibo crawls up next to Zhan and rests his head on his lap. "Okay. Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," Zhan says, playing with Yibo's hair.

"I really fucking love you, Zhan ge, like a lot. You're one of the best people I've ever met, and I know you don't see it in yourself but you have so much kindness in your heart it's unbelievable," Yibo says,
letting the words just spill out of his mouth. He wasn't planning on saying this, but he felt like he needed to for some reason.

"Yibo," Zhan says quietly, clearly lost for words.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know that."

Zhan stops playing with Yibo's hair but doesn't move at all. "I feel the same about you, you know. You're probably the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Yibo Feels his throat start to sting. He's not sure why, though. It's probably a mixture of Zhan saying what he did and the fact that he'll be gone in less than two months.

"Are you crying?" Zhan asks, leaning over a bit to look at Yibo's face.

"No," Yibo says, a tear falling on his cheek as he does.

"Why? Yibo. " Zhan says, as Yibo sits up to face him.

Yibo sniffs a little and wipes his tears but the longer he looks at Zhan the harder it is to stop. "I just, I really don't want to lose you."

Zhan's eyes have a soft but agonizing look into them as he pulls Yibo close to him. "Hey, it's okay.

"It's not though," Yibo says, burying his face into Zhan's chest, calming down a little, but still very upset.

Both of Zhan's arms are tightly wrapped around Yibo's body. "Bo, babe, you'll be okay. I promise. I'll make sure you are."

It's quiet for a moment and Yibo feels like someone is just squeezing his heart as hard as they possibly can.

"I love you so much," Yibo says, knowing he means it wholeheartedly.

Zhan kisses the top of Yibo's head, "I love you too."