Chapter 02

༺🅐︎🅒︎🅒︎🅘︎🅓︎🅔︎🅝︎🅣︎༻

The moonlight fell upon the two friends as they walked back home from the store.

The little girl wanted something sweet and the boy will always see that she gets what she wants.

After they arrived in front of her house, she gave him a hug as a goodbye and as usual he stood there waiting for her to safely make her way inside. Dispite his young age, he knew how to be a gentleman. He could have gone home himself since he lives right next door but he'll feel better to know his precious little friend is safe at home.

Once she approached her doorstep she heard a familiar voice greeting her, "Amy! My sweet baby. We're home!" her loving mother called out from the passager seat while her father waved through the car's window while they tried to pull into the garage.

Little Amy smiled brightly as she ran towards her parents. She hasn't seen them the entire day since they had to work early and told her to be a big girl and behave.

Richard softly smiled as he saw his little friend smile happily to her parents while she ran towards them.

Just when he turned around to go home, he heard a loud screeching sound. He quickly looked behind him only for his eyes to widen and run towards his friend.

Before the car could hit her, Richard successfully pulled her towards him, holding her tightly as they tumbled over.

He checked her for any injuries but stopped when a loud crash was heard. They both slowly turned around to find the car that nearly killed her, crashed into her parents.

The girl screamed with her tiny lungs as she struggled in Richard's arms but he held on tight while he stared at the seen before him. Blood leaked from the car and no movement or sound came from it.

Richard clearly understood what this meant but the little girl in his arms did not. Not even after the ambulance arrived. Not even after they picked up her parent's bodies.

This was too much for a 7 year old. She had no voice left in her.

"My child, I'm so sorry!" Richard's mother came crying as she took the girl from her son and held her.

"Why... di..did... they take... them?" she painfully muttered.

"They had to take them little one" Richard's father answered.

"But... they... they just.... sleeping"

The 3 family members looked at each other trying to figure out how to explain to her that her parent's are no more. Before the boy's parent's could speak, he quickly intervened.

"They took them to get better!"

The parents stared at their son in shock.

"Get better?"

"Yes. That's why they took them so until they get better, you'll stay with us. With me. Do you want that?" he asked gently while opening his arms, waiting for the girl to accept and fall into his awaiting arms.

The girl looked at him and nodded, crawling out of his mother's arms to enter her friend's. She snuggled into him as he caressed her back.

"It's going to be alright Amy. I promise"