Chapter 10

༺ㄥ|乃尺卂尺ㄚ༻

I'm so excited to finally go to a library. Richard never lets me go out so I mostly hear about all these places from him or his parents.

After getting dressed several times because Richard kept saying it's too 'revealing', he finally accepted the one I'm wearing.

"Let's go let's go" I chanted in excitement while he ruffled my hair. "Yes, we're going little one. Now sit still so I can tie your laces"

The library was not that far. Surprisingly it was in walking distance, just around a few corners.

Once we got inside, it felt like I was inside a castle. Books everywhere, everything was clean and shiny and the place was huge.

Richard has to close my mouth, saying people were staring.

Since I didn't know this place very well I clinged onto him which he didn't have a problem with.

"Here we are", he said as he pointed to the section with all the children's books, "Pick out any book you want, I'll sit right here and wait for you, okay?"

I nod and slowly made my way towards the books.

Richard

She's too precious.

Look at her excitement. She can't read any book from how she's looking around. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to take all the books home.

"Hello, do you need any help finding a book?" one of the assistants asked.

"No, but do you think you could help her", I pointed to Amy, "It's her first time here"

"Certainly"

The assistant approached Amy and as usual, her shy side took over but when she looked at me and I nod at her to say it's fine, she went back to her usual cheerful self and asked the assistant a bunch of questions.

While my little one was occupied I figured that I myself should take a book. Amy sleeps at random times and when she does, I'm bored as hell. A book would keep me busy.

After choosing a book my little Amy came running, "Richard, Richard!", she whispered, "Can I take this three?" she showed me three different books. One about the three little bears, one about a young boy who wants to be a pirate king and the other about a heroic princess.

"That's all good books. Yes you can take them" I pat her head.

"Yay!" she softly squealed.

"Let's go check out"